The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So battle with this truck is cold no issues. Runs fine at 65 with peddle and cruise accelerate and deceleration. Not the issue come in at operating temp. No matter what gear. Truck will turn 2500rpm and run strong but when I decelerate and take foot all the way out of the peddle derates the pump to 750ish and doesn't alow input from peddle till rims fall below 1500. No codes. Corrected loose connection at icp ipr and cam. No fuel pressure or heui pressure issues noted with hooked up and driving. Once hot the truck will hold 1800 all day. Once I go over it it takes thottle away till it resets to 1500. Any thoughts out there?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Have you done any diagnostics on the pedal assembly?
The way you describe it, the problem is dependent on the pedal, which is where I would start.
The international isis repair manual has a very good pedal diagnostic procedure - or you could swap your out with a known good pedal assy and see if that fixes it.
No codes makes it difficult to find a problem if all the live data looks good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
30 Posts
Only looked at computer for smooth continuous numbers
Any recent repairs? I had replaced the cam sensor (parts store brand) it was faulty out of the box and caused some issues, but again more random as compared to yours.... I’d still say start with the pedal. Do you have the repair manual?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts