The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning all, 1st post here! May be a bit long but trying to provide as much info as I can.
Have a 2003 International 4300 with the DT466, 50k miles. Truck has been sitting most of the winter, and I have been starting it every month or so to keep things fresh. A month ago I started it, and let it idle as usual. Twice I checked on it and it was idling high, about 1500rpm. Tapped the gas and it went back down to 600rpm, which seemed low. Let it idle for a bit more, then shut off.
A few days ago, went to start it again. It sputtered for a second, then nothing. Cranks and cranks.
Batteries are fully charged (On a tender).
10 gal of fresh fuel were added.
Has fuel pressure at filter housing, and rail test port. I have tried hand pumping/bleeding fuel several times, dosen't appear to have air in fuel.
Oil level is full.
Builds oil pressure while cranking.
Warn engine appears on dash.
There is no smoke coming from the exhuast, and attempts to start with ether did nothing.

Any ideas where to start or what to look for?? I have a code reader on the way, to try and see what warn engine means..

Thanks for any help in advance

·
Registered
3 Posts
We had a similar experience with our DT motor. I don’t know what the temperature has been around you but we plugged in the block heater and tried again an he later. Started and ran normal.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts