The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I've got a 1987 International dump truck with a DT466. The thing works good but im looking for a little more power.
It has the Bosch MW Injection pump so I've done my reserve and I'm a little confused with it all. I understand there is three things you can change, the rack in the back (which I would rather not touch), the fuel screw on the top and the gear thing you can move behind the fuel screw.
I'm more interested in changing the gear and the fuel screw as its the easiest and most effective from what ive read. About how many turns should I turn the fuel screw out for starters? And how many turns should I move the gear for starters? Will do one at a time of course. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
3,194 Posts
The nuts on the back(actual fuel rate) is still in the safe zone if you make the small nut flush with the stud. If you have the EGT gauge, you can remove the nut or nuts. Some pumps only have 1 nut back there. The screw on top, just back it out 5 turns. The timing, set to 20. Theres also gov springs that you can tighten for a little more rpm. All of these are free adjustments, so go out and have fun with it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts