The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
TDG MAFIA MEMBER #71
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I were to put a dual exhuast system on my truck would I have to remove the spare tire? Thanks for any info.

·
6,337 Posts
Nope, you dont have too. I kept mine for a long time but then figured what the hell... Might as well save 100#'s... It dont fit anyway...LOL

MBRP

On edit, here is a shot of a kit I installed on the jobsite for a buddy... Cheap Shopdiesel Kit that worked great!

Attachments

·
Registered
229 Posts
How much was that Exhaust kit? I Like how it looks stock, could you link me to who sells them? Thanks!

·
6,337 Posts

·
TDG MAFIA MEMBER #71
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks good, :thanks: for the link. Thats what I have been looking for too.

·
TDG MAFIA MEMBER #71
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was also wondering about the muffler, right now I do not have a muffler or CAT. When I go to dual's I want a nice sounding tone (LOUD):sly: , what do you suggest?

·
1,726 Posts
Aero Turbine hands down.

They will make the exhaust sound awesome and still very loud at WFO. They also make a deeper more throaty sounding idle and cruising speed sound.

I replaced my muffler (4" high flow) with an Aero Turbine a month ago and lost about 200* egt and 50 going down the highway.

If it were my truck Aero Turbine or straight pipe, the rest are for making it quiet and will raise egt.

·
TDG MAFIA MEMBER #71
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
racehauler said:
Aero Turbine hands down.

They will make the exhaust sound awesome and still very loud at WFO. They also make a deeper more throaty sounding idle and cruising speed sound.

I replaced my muffler (4" high flow) with an Aero Turbine a month ago and lost about 200* egt and 50 going down the highway.

If it were my truck Aero Turbine or straight pipe, the rest are for making it quiet and will raise egt.

Can you send me a link.

·
TDG MAFIA MEMBER #71
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Premium Member
4,090 Posts
I had mine sp'ed for about a month and just didn't like the sound much. The Aero quieted down the phwap-phwap sound and gave it a meatier, deeper sound.

Still hear the turbo spool up and down (especially at shut-down and WOT), but it makes it sound more like a truck, IMO.

prt

·
TDG MAFIA MEMBER #71
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thats what I'm looking for is a deeper sound, something like the Cummins.

·
1,726 Posts
Here's the Aero Exhaust website for some more reading.

I called them before I bought mine and asked about which to buy and where in the system to install. They said that the 4040XL (or 4040L) will be slightly quieter with the built in resonator and would posibly help the droan that I have. The performance characteristics are the same as the 4040 and that installing it as far rearward in the system as possible will lower in cab noise. It was also easier to install into my system because it is just a couple inches shorter than the muffler that my system was made for.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts