The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
4,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Never had a dually that could keep grippy tires from wearing funny, guess this one is no differant. Can I swap the stear tires from side to side and have them even out? Any Ideas? :shrug:

·
Chitowns Biggest Baller
517 Posts
Depending on what kinda tires you have it is usually not good to swap them for side to side. If they start to roll one way they usually dont like to be spinng the opposite way. Super Swamper told me to never change the tires form Left to right or right to left. They said they have a greater chance to blow out.

·
Destroked
1,658 Posts
I have always switched my trucks side to side. Never had one problem with any of my tires.:shrug: Dog you might also want to take them somewhere and have them dismounted off the rim and flipped if it eats them that bad.

·
4,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dick Cepek fc II

·
473 Posts
I've Been Having The Same Problems On My Dually So I Took It Back To The Dealership And They Told Me There Is Nothing Wrong And That It Was Expected Of These Trucks?! I Rotate Them From Side To Side. Right Or Wrong It's The Only Thing We Can Do!

·
4,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
BIGHILLBILLY said:
I've Been Having The Same Problems On My Dually So I Took It Back To The Dealership And They Told Me There Is Nothing Wrong And That It Was Expected Of These Trucks?! I Rotate Them From Side To Side. Right Or Wrong It's The Only Thing We Can Do!

Does it help? Or do they just keep wearing goofy?

I had even ran street tires on the front of a 4x4 and they wore dumb.
It looks like you took a spoon and dug out some tread in the center of the tire every 6 inches around. :shrug:

·
473 Posts
Hate To Tell You But I Rotate Mine About Every 6000 Miles Or Less. It Seems To Help. It Is Allot Of Work But Saves On The Price Of 2 New Ones! Not Quite Sure What Else To Do. I Had Everything Checked Up Front And Everything Was Right!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts