The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
honda629
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I plow with my truck can I put a 6 inch lift on or will that be to high for plow an if I do get the 6 what size tires will I clear up to??

Thanks
Brian

·
212 Posts
If I plow with my truck can I put a 6 inch lift on or will that be to high for plow an if I do get the 6 what size tires will I clear up to??

Thanks
Brian
I imagine you would just have to have some longer brackets made to attach the plow and truck. As far as tire size...I believe you can get 38's under it...bigger than that will probably rub.

·
1,606 Posts
You can plow with it, but you'll need to lengthen the chain that attaches the plow to the lift pump. Other than that you'll have a harder time attaching the plow because your truck will be so much higher than the plow as most new plows are made to driven into then connected. My buddy plows with his 06 with a 7" Icon and a Western Pro- Plow. he has a thing built where he parks the plow up on blocks of wood so he can drive straight into it to hook up and remove from his truck.

·
Banned
6,478 Posts
Most plow manufactures have a dimension from the ground to the plow bracket. You don't want the plow at to much of a downward angle otherwise it will dig in. You actually want the the plow to have a slight upward angle.

Also the higher the truck the lower (longer the mount needs to be). That puts more stress on the attachment points of the frame.

·