The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Built Not Bought
3,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Prob not the right section but here goes. 2004-2007 dually info needing to get as much info as possible for these years as far as power output, towing quality, ups and downs of each i know some have a bad case of injectors and some years get hot...see where im going with this. Just overall the truck would be considered a work horse towing. So need reliability issues, mpg etc... Might get rid of a Cummins :eek:wned for this MAYBE not certain have always been die hard Chevy/GMC and really like the looks of a GMC better also. Im prob going to catch hell over this but oh well. I know the Cummins is a over the road motor and wat not but i really take comfort into consideration also so im putting myself in between a rock and hard place.

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
Prob not the right section but here goes. 2004-2007 dually info needing to get as much info as possible for these years as far as power output, towing quality, ups and downs of each i know some have a bad case of injectors and some years get hot...see where im going with this. Just overall the truck would be considered a work horse towing. So need reliability issues, mpg etc... Might get rid of a Cummins :eek:wned for this MAYBE not certain have always been die hard Chevy/GMC and really like the looks of a GMC better also. Im prob going to catch hell over this but oh well. I know the Cummins is a over the road motor and wat not but i really take comfort into consideration also so im putting myself in between a rock and hard place.
Who are you and why are you using Brandon's account?, Ok Im just kidding. But I also know why are you asking these questions. There are a couple for sale at dealer here in town, I don't know anything other than they are sitting there and look nice from the Hwy. Take a look at the Duramax Index. All the guys that put it together did a fantastic job, and it will answer all of your questions. IF it were me I would find a late model LBZ ( if you wanted a Dmax)

Reactions: SOOTBANDIT

·
Pardue the Traveler
4,023 Posts

·
Built Not Bought
3,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well Neel not promising anything but you never no could be sooner than expected MAYBE LOL

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
agreed with Neel, Brandon, if your looking for a Dmax, go for an 07 classic with the LBZ and 6-speed allison, the only known issues on those is piston cracking with high injection timing, if you keep the tunes under 450hp it will be dead reliable, and the 6-speed is stronger than the 5-speed

there are the other issues like t-case rub, transmissions taking a dump with 100hp more etc....

Reactions: SOOTBANDIT

·
Built Not Bought
3,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
TDG Mafia Goon
3,710 Posts
That's a great looking truck! Are you keeping the tractor?

·
truckn'
1,720 Posts
I think the setup FORDT and I have is the best as far as power (LBZ),6spd tranny with the tapshift and it downshifts pretty good when slowing down, EGR (no DPF) etc etc..ive pulled triple axle toy haulers and 42ft boats (close to or more then 15Klbs) with mine all over the country doing what your going to be doing. Never seemed like it was under load much.

Your idea of going with a dually is good and bad. I have found out both. Towing, its awesome, hardly no sway in the wind and even with a triple axle toy hauler it didnt squat much if any. The bad, re-selling a dually is alot harder then a SRW truck. Gotta find that "special someone" that wants one.

PS, that truck you linked is exactly what we have...interior and all..just differant colors. goodluck

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
Awesome looking truck Brandon, i love the red, i hate that baby puke coloured interior, but thats just my personal taste, i like my graphite interior, but it looks good sir

You plan on using this for your new hotshot job and keeping the tractor for personal use correct?

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
Awesome looking truck Brandon, i love the red, i hate that baby puke coloured interior, but thats just my personal taste, i like my graphite interior, but it looks good sir

You plan on using this for your new hotshot job and keeping the tractor for personal use correct?
thats what I would do!

·
Built Not Bought
3,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Possibly not getting to far ahead here going to use what i got now and not get any further into debt till i can swing for trading into a same price truck or whatever i find few months down the road.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts