The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
TDG Mafia Member
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

My friends parents have an 07 duramax duelly that they use to haul a rather heavy horse trailer with all over the country (including mountains) and its bone stock. They had a computer problem and since they got it back from the dealership it seems to not have the pulling power that it used to. They were wanting some upgrades for it to get better pulling power and fuel economy but they dont want anything extreme like smoke or loud exhaust. Im a cummins guy so i dont know a whole lot of whats out there for the duramax. Can anyone give me some insite on what would suit thier needs?

·
truckn'
1,720 Posts
well, on the intake side they can do this

http://www.pacificp.com/pdf/Airbox_Modification_v2.pdf

if its an LBZ (fordt and my body style) you can do this stuff, but if it has a DPF id leave it alone.

im sure they want to keep their cat since they took it to the dealer to get worked on. Even if they run a straight pipe from the cat back it wont be that loud. Although most aftermarket exhaust systems come with a straight thru flow muffler thats much better flowing then the factory one.

Id also be willing to bet that they dont want to mess with EFI live so a canned tuner would add HP and supposidly MPG. I have my dually set at 160 with my PPE and it doesnt smoke much. I wouldnt tow with it at 160 though and I dont mash on it everywhere I go.

First things first though, find out why its running like crap after they messed with it.

·
TDG Mafia Member
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In my opinion before they go adding anything they need to figure out what went wrong. I am guessing the delaer reflashed the ECM.

Just to be clear, it's an early '07, the classic style like mine?
Im not sure. Ill have to check for sure and get back to you.

·
TDG Mafia Goon
3,710 Posts
Find out what the dealer did. We really can't do much until then.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts