The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i was wondering what the fastest in a quarter mile a duramax can be with a programer full exhaust and intake??? No trans mod or lift pump? Just bolt ons?? thanks

·
TDG Mafia Goon
3,710 Posts
There are a lot of variables in this equation.

I would guess mid-13s but it wouldn't do it very many times. Loading up in 4 high to get a good time is hell on a stock T/C.

I'll do some more looking and see what I can find.

·
Mafia member #105
2,262 Posts
Add a tq converter to that and a transgo Jr and you can run 12.99 on a ppe hot+2 ET easy for awhile.

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
anything over 100hp is hard on the tranny period, so im guessing low 14's if you want it to last....

·
Registered
58 Posts
... anything over 100hp is hard on the tranny period ...
X2..for sure. It isnt always about the HP..question to ask is..do I want to limp my tranny..?? TransGo Jr..is good for about 100Hp on top of stock as noted previously...after that you will need clutches or a full Suncoast rebuild..if you plan on doing much racing of any kind.

Although for the most part my truck is stock with a bunch of bling and add-ons..I run a Banks 6 Gun PDA. I like it/bought it for a cpl of reasons:

No need for a gauge pillar - It would of likely hit me in the head all the time..I got a wife for that.!!
Will defuel you if things get outa whack .. works like a charm.!
Compliments nicely, the transgo jr I did in fact put in the ally.
ODBII reader/code remover
Allows you choice of some 12 or so different gauges you may wish to display aside from the std EGT and Boost.
Can fully/individually tune a number of settings aside from using the default settings from 1-6
I already had a Palm Pilot Tungsten..
& ...its nice safe combination (w/Transgo), that can make more than enough power for my needs.

Like most, I get about 1.5 to 2 mpg better with the unit on level 2-3. Mind you, that's not say that other programmers wont do the same or similar...just that this is the one I have and know.!

Cheers,

stk

·
Mafia member #105
2,262 Posts
I would say my off 150 hp more, As anyone knows i'm not easy on my truck at all, With the transgo Jr and a 1057, deep pan and a transfer case brace nothing else inside.I had 40+ hard 1/4 miles,9 runs on the dyno at 550 rwhp and 1200 rwtq on the stock turbo with the blue bottle.And I also had alot of street racing on the truck,So the 6 spd can handle alittle more then the 5 spds power wise,At one point in time it will need a full build.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts