The Diesel Garage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, im looking to do a swap soon, i want to find a LBZ/6spd Allison/nv271 combo to replace an existing v8 diesel. wondering if anyone knows how standalone that set up is or if it needs input from a gauge cluster or anything else to function. this is an extremely uncommon swap and im not going to say just yet what its going in for fear of flame, no one taking me seriously, and no real help. but im hoping to do it this winter, starting late October /early November, and hope to be done by mid spring around April. If you're able to post some form of help and are still curious pm me and ill let ya know the plan.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I seen somewhere a unit made for this type of conversion but can't remember where. Good luck

·
3,939 Posts
Flaming you for trying something new? I doubt that would happen here.

You'd need the cluster out of the Duramax. You'll also need the gas pedal and associated wiring. You may also need the BCM from the donor truck.

Best bet is to get the dash wiring and modules (as a just-in-case) and use what you need.

Exergy Engineering http://exergyengineering.com/ developed a stand-alone controller for the Dmax for marine applications. I'm betting it would work in older trucks, too. If not, those guys would know what needs to be done.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.