The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2006 duramax check engine light ON, only code i get is P0700 , what is this for? , this reappears every winter, THANKS

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
P0700** Transmission Control System Malfunction

What type of transmission do you have? manual or auto?

·
truckn'
1,720 Posts
P0700** Transmission Control System Malfunction

What type of transmission do you have? manual or auto?
gotta love those specific codes...:confused:

I read somewhere that GM has an update on the allison for trucks that operate in cold weather alot...not sure if this would help you...also..might wanna post this in the Dmax area.

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
gotta love those specific codes...:confused:

I read somewhere that GM has an update on the allison for trucks that operate in cold weather alot...not sure if this would help you...also..might wanna post this in the Dmax area.
that pertains to the fact that the 6-speed Allison would actually overheat while the truck idled, a solenoid wouldnt open and allow the oil to circulate inside the trans, and even at sub zero temps the allison would burn up, there is a reflash for that, it opens said solenoid keeping the tranny cool

i dont think that is the case here, sounds like the TCM is having issues?

·
truckn'
1,720 Posts
yea i was just throwing that idea out there...he wasnt very descriptive about the issue.

·
182 Posts
What are you using to read the codes?

Some code readers only read the ECM. If something happens in the trans the TCM tells the ECM to trip the P0700 to turn on the CEL. There are more then likely some other codes in the TCM that will shed some more light on the subject.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts