The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any body ever used these? 6 big ones for ball joints is nuts but they look like they could be diamonds for your steering knuckles.

·
Built not bought...
72 Posts
They are bad ars. All billet parts and completely rebuildable I believe. A must have for reliability on a truck with big tires that really gets used. Street queens need not apply.

·
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can't see them being practical for me then. Prolly just go with some MOOG ball joints seeing as how I don't do much off roading in this ride. Aside from the occasional drag strip and eventually truck pulls. Maybe for my dedicated dodge though.

·
Built not bought...
72 Posts
Thats cool. The Dodge guys Iv talked to have all liked them. I think they have ball joint problems more than the Fords from what Iv gatherd. But then again, they may last a long, long time on the street. I have a thing about over building. I try and build up, in order the break less..... Hopefully.

·
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea better safe than sorry. With my PSD though I just can't see spending that much on those right now because i'm not sure how long i'm going to keep the truck. My dodge id be stupid to sale it just because its paid off and a complete toy. With all that being said though I am about to spend about 7K on my Ford in the next few weeks. New 4-link lift, tires, traction bars, wheels, n-fab steps, downpipe, mbrp 5" exaust, 310 w/TCM, full audio system, MOOG ball joints, Line-x bed, and have front and rear bumpers sprayed too.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I know that Dave at One Up Off Road runs them on alot of the truck that he builds and hasn't had any failures. I use a ton of them on the Dodge trucks with great success.

·
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I want these so bad just because. Got....to...hold....on..loosing grip...on..all of...my..money.

·
TDG Official Poo Flinger
5,268 Posts

·
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yup, I bought 'em. Thanks Tank again for all the help. I'll let you guys know my impressions when they get here on the 10th. Also ordered my 5" MBRP Stainless steel exaust and 6"tip today to....and tried to order my lift<but that'll be on monday now. The guy I talked to really knew his stuff about these ball joints. It was Dan Seldon at Dynatracs. They're rebuildable for about 100 bucks for all four and you can actually leave the sleeve in the knuckle and take out the joint for rebuilding. So you don't have to worry about pressing them in and out. They just seem like there would be a lot less down time with these and I bet they'll last hell-o-longer too.

·
TDG Official Poo Flinger
5,268 Posts
Glad I could help...

·
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
They came in the mail today from the brown guy. These things are massive. Love'em already and they're not even on yet. They'll be going on next week if all the rest of my parts get here. Cant wait to see. I won't be able to compliment trully about the difference they make though as i'm pretty much changing the whole set up on my truck. But will write what I see.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts