The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been reading dyno numbers for the past couple of years, and never understood the reason behind "the correction factor". What exactly is this, and why is it there. I mean...I guess I always thought the numbers were what they were.

Are they used in a certain region of the country? I mean...when I hit the rollers last April in TN, there was no mention of a correction factor. What numbers I saw on the screen is what the truck put down.

So again...what is the purpose behind it? I don't mean to sound like an azz...I honostly don't know. :shrug:

Thanks
Dave

·
979 Posts
from the way I understand it, the correction factor is in there so that you can compare dyno runs and different times and elevations. You will get a lot different dyno numbers on a truck if there is very high humidity and temperature. Then dyno the vehicle a couple of months later and the temp is 30 degrees colder and there is almost no humidity, the truck will dyno different. If you are testing new equiptment and want to tell if you really picked up 5 or 10 hp then you need to remove climate as a factor.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts