The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
DPM Mobile Dyno
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How would you guys feel about 1 hour (4 trucks) say 1:00 - 2:00 be set aside for the "Power Trucks"? If the spots aren't claimed by noon, they are opened up for others to take.

Many times at the "big" events, we have some high profile trucks that can't get on the dyno because they don't get to the dyno in time to make the list. These trucks are fun to watch, and I think most would like to see them, if the guys would dyno. But I would like to hear comments from others on the idea.

Thanks,

·
11 Second Truck Club
397 Posts
Who or what qualifies a "high profile" truck?

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
What about VW cars? :roflmao:

Sounds like a good idea to me and you may need 2 hours at Scheids.

·
DPM Mobile Dyno
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
These are all good questions, ones I am open to hearing opinions on. I also mentioned on the TDR thread, is it fair to let them compete for the purse if one is available since they will have someone "special" sign-up rules?

When I think of High Profile, I think of the best in their class and brand.

Let the Dmax guys know that Brandon is gonna try and bust 800hp at 1:45 and my guess is every Dmax guy that is interested will be there. That way they can see it themselves, and not say, "ah man, I wish I knew you were dynoing". :Thumbup:

When I think of high profile, I think of many. I know I would love to see Richard Madsen or Jim Fulmer, or Piers, John Porterfields Scheid power 12v, Kevin Russel (IRP winner) Doug Smith (new truck), and the list goes on. And that is just the Cummins guys.

Then you have Brandon, Tomac, No Limit, Super Diesel, Buck and Jess, and I am sure a ton more of the "leaders".

There are also some Fords that are impressive, Lott, and a some other of the shops out there.

But again, the whole idea is to make it a time that the spectators know we will have the heavy hitters up. :smoke: They will know the owners are out there and can meet/talk to them about setups.

·
2,184 Posts
Shoot man that sounds like a Plan...

Just how much HP does the Peirs and Scheid powered trucks put out?? Any Ideas??

·
DPM Mobile Dyno
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
kingd said:
sign me up david,i hear on 05 ctd will hit 700 hp at commerce...just rumor so you never know
That would be cool no doubt. So you like the idea?

·
376 Posts
this sounds like a heck of an idea, i have beeen there when everyone is waiting to see one truck or another run.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Another advantage to this is it could be a "sell' to attract media particularly magazines that might not traditionally attend these events nor care to hangout for two days.

·
Registered
557 Posts
I dont think Brandon's truck will elipse that 800 hp barrier with out some moral support on the side lines. I assume your doing this at Atlanta? Damn, gotta start making plans to come down for Brandons sake...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts