The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Following Dockboy tomorrow to Kuaffman Motorsports with Diesel Club and hopefully get my truck dyno. I hope to make about 425 hp 780 tq. :evil: I will post my dyno numbers tomorrow night. wish me good luck. :Thumbup:

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You better get some sleep. :Thumbup:

·
322 Posts
I'm thinkin you'll be close to 800 in torque. Good luck! :Thumbup:

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Im gunna say.......just below 800 ft lbs of tq. definatly in that neighborhood.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just got back from the dyno. Truck made 425.5 hp 707.9 tq. I think the tq seems alittle down for some reason. Met alot of nice people. Dodge guys were making some serious power. rode in Dockboy's truck. Very fast :eek: :eek: I think he gave everybody up there a ride in his truck :)

·
Diesel Nutbag
548 Posts
slowford said:
Just got back from the dyno. Truck made 425.5 hp 707.9 tq. I think the tq seems alittle down for some reason.
I agree Angel, I think your torque was a little lower than expected :pissed: But a great hp number and the #1 Ford there!! :Thumbup: :bow:

Met alot of nice people. Dodge guys were making some serious power. rode in Dockboy's truck. Very fast :eek: :eek: I think he gave everybody up there a ride in his truck :)
:evil: LOL

See Here :evil: :popcorn:

·
3,630 Posts
I did 732 tq on a standard SCT street file of Erics......no Extreme...thats low for sure
That file did 412 hp also.....something's not right....

·
Registered
838 Posts
UNBROKEN said:
I did 732 tq on a standard SCT street file of Erics......no Extreme...thats low for sure
That file did 412 hp also.....something's not right....

Those Dyno #'s WILL NEVER put that truck into the 13's... SORRY!! :umno:

:thanks:

-X

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hhrecovery said:
Has anyone every did a dyno on a factory truck to see what the TQ and HP really was???
There was a 6.0 truck there with afe stage 2 intake and dppi exhaust made 304hp and 621tq. With no tune on the truck. :)

·
Registered
447 Posts
thats at motor, not at the wheels

If you wernt able to dyno your truck below the torque peak(I'm betting if you have an auto you didnt) your torque numbers are worthless. HP numbers will be on but you need to be able to start you pull before your torque peak, either with a handshaker or if you have an auto you need a way to keep it from downshifting when you wood it. Duramax guys use a tech 2 to comand a gear and the converter to lock up. I'm sure ford boys have something simmilar they can use.......

·
1,171 Posts
Thanks for the mention Angel. How about that sleeper Dodge? Keith

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
hhrecovery said:
Alright thanks, so why does ford sell these trucks saying that they have 325 HP and whatever amount of TQ???

You have a decent bit of loss through the tranny and drivetrain, rough figures for an auto are 30ish % and about 20% for a stick. A "for example" using my truck.

Stock my truck should have dynoed right around 220-230 RWHP, the rated output was 305HP from the factory at the flywheel.

After adding a set of injectors I rolled out 270RWHP, an increase of almost 50HP over stock, but STILL shy of the factory rating by a good bit.

Don't get confused with Flywheel #'s the factories throw out and Rear Wheel Dyno #'s folks post. It's all accurate, just measured at different points.

BTW, took me a bit to figure it out myself, so don't feel bad :Thumbup:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts