The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
TDG Mafia Member #56
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally got my trucks on the rollers. My 05 did 379hp on the latest looney tune. I don't remember the torque so I will add it later. Is it normal for the dyno operators to dyno these trucks in tow haul? I ended up leaving my 325's on it so that number is with my taller tires. I am just glad it drove itself off there and had no problems. LOL

My poor 92 only did 277hp. I have some issues in the head I discovered at 2:30a.m. Saturday morning but I worked too hard not to take it at all. Atleast next time I will have something to compare by I guess.

Here is a vid of the 92. http://www.dieselmovies.com/view_video.php?viewkey=4755ff269862ea77393d

·
gotta love black smoke!
388 Posts
Man thats a lot of smoke for 277 hp... I could be wrong though. Think you may need a bigger turbo

·
Registered
411 Posts
Congrats on the numbers.

·
IS FREE!!!!!
1,143 Posts
Kasprzak85 said:
Man thats a lot of smoke for 277 hp... I could be wrong though. Think you may need a bigger turbo

S300 is pretty big for that setup. wat he really needs is the head to work right. if i remember him tellin me right it had 5 out of 6 cylinders not seating properly.

·
TDG Mafia Member #56
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That is a lot of smoke because the pump is tweaked.......It had 45 psi of boost but would not rev past 2500 on the dyno with the 4k kit so I know some things are not right. It is a 60/14 S300 If I go bigger it will suck to drive on the street I bet. Maybe twins, but I don't think not enough air is the problem. Like 6l said, it has valve issues with 5 cylinders. It definitely sucked.

·
3,754 Posts
hope you get it right 6l cummins did well

·
TDG Mafia Member #56
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am pulling the engine this weekend in hopes of pulling the truck next Saturday. I was looking over the dyno paper on it and it actually did 286hp and 589 torque. Like that is great! LOL
Here is a link to a pic of the dyno board.

http://www.areadiesel.com/Images/Expo100.jpg

·
Registered
849 Posts
gotta love the smoke thought congrats on the #'s man!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts