The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
6,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you dyno a rig with full time 4wd? Do you have to disconect the front drive line? :shrug:

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Still trying to talk Chels into an Excursion? :poke::poke:

I dunno if the Expedition's transfer case will do the same thing, but a Typhoon's transfer case responds to a missing front driveline by transferring everything to the rear. I drove mine for a few days while the front driveline was being replaced, and I have heard of others doing it for 10k+ miles. One worry was that the rearend was not designed to handle the full torque. I suppose the Ex's rear should handle it?

Regards,
Michael

·
3,939 Posts
Expeditions are full-time 4X4? Interesting.

I'd pull the front driveshaft. You could PM Dunbar and ask him, he might know.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
my 1998 expedition isnt full time 4wd..hmm

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
not doubting that it isnt...just interesting lol

·
6,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Liftedpsd said:
not doubting that it isnt...just interesting lol
Nope, it is. Full time, 4wd hi and 4wd low:Thumbup:

·
2,334 Posts
jope find an allwheel dyno... we have them here in mo-ville so see if you guys have one... they make em so u can dyno evo's and the other allwheel drive cars

·
6,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll look into that, I am betting she would be about 230 to the rear. Needs a supercharger!!!

·
6,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ya think... $500 ant enough??? LOL

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
But maybe with the supercharger she can just outrun the cops :muha :muha

I kinda sorta did that once or twice when I was MUCH younger (I hope the statute of limitations has run out!). It's all about plausible deniability - it was plausible that I didn't see the cop, so I was just out driving fast...

BTW, AWD burn-outs are really fun! And it helps keep the tire wear evened-out! They can get sideways on you in a heartbeat, though. Ask me how I know...

Regards,
Michael

1 - 11 of 11 Posts