The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if an E4OD trans from a 5.8L gas motor would work in my 95 7.3L with the E4OD?

·
Super Moderator
4,247 Posts
Generally, no.

While the trans may bolt up and shift, the converter is wrong and there are far fewer friction plates in the gasser transmissions. More than likely, you will toast it in short order.

·
Super Moderator
4,247 Posts
Thank god for that... LoL

Learned something new, thanks!

·
645 Posts
the Gasser trans run cast aluminum 4 pinion planetary(s) were the diesel use steel 6 pinion planetary(s)

·
THE MASTER OF DISASTER
265 Posts
i can show pictures of what happens when a dealership (a crappy one) puts a gas trans which would be a 4r100, what we assume was in a v10 gets put in a 7.3 and you put a chip on it.....its not pretty and it was really expensive....:D

·
645 Posts
i can show pictures of what happens when a dealership (a crappy one) puts a gas trans which would be a 4r100, what we assume was in a v10 gets put in a 7.3 and you put a chip on it.....its not pretty and it was really expensive....:D
you mean gasser internals? right? Because you would beak the case on a gas trans to get it bolted on the a 7.3. Now i think it would bolt to a 6.0

I want to see the picks

·
THE MASTER OF DISASTER
265 Posts
yea it had gasser internals and it looked really cool the intermediate was melted together and the planetaries were" well we dont know where they all were which was really a good joke that was until i figured out how much it was gonna cost to rebuild it after all was said and done i got in over my head and lets just say it makes me want to cry everytime i think about how much i spent on a trans. ill have to go over to the shop and take some pictures from the wall of shame and the bag o'transmission.

·
102 Posts
:D

Early gas 4R100 explosion.

Another burn't to a crisp.

Is the reverse delay fix still working? :)

·
THE MASTER OF DISASTER
265 Posts
:roflol: that looks really similar, but on a serious note my trans still takes forever to go into reverse.

·
645 Posts
Revers delay?? Is that the cup with the hole in it you drive in to the LOW/REV port on the tranny when you do a rebuild? I did that on one truck I think it was a trans go kit, It is a lot easier on the drive line when you have it in 4 wheel low

1 - 18 of 18 Posts