The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so im going to be doing a new turbo this summer and i need new up pipes and was wondering what yawl think is a better rout to go with... the first is to just replace the up pipes an get a D66 from beans... or... convert everything to the late99 and use the late99 turbo an maybe modifi later down the road...? im thinking the 2cnd rout will be cheaper if i can find a wrecked truck to steal it off of or somthing:shrug: ?

·
Premium Member
4,090 Posts
First off, don't go stealing anything off of any truck.

Secondly, decide if you want the ability to choose a different turbo down the road before you decide on the D66. You mention that as a possibility, so think about it before you spend the $$$

I did the complete re-plumb on my early '99 before the D66 was really an option. The cost ended up being about the same.

I hope to keep my truck for several more years, so changing out the turbo again is a real possibility.

prt

·
862 Posts
It really depends on your mod plans. Say you swap now to a 99.5-03 setup, then later you go with an H2E. You'll have to swap out up-pipes, pedistal, etc all over again for the H2E. Plan now for the turbo you want later, or it may end up costing you double in the long run.

·
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks i will keep that in mind i guess i have a couple months to figure everything out i allways say im dun with moding but a month later i change my mind or i get beat by a stupid dodge... im not stealing itLOL i was goin to go to a junk yard an find a take off...

·
TDG MAFIA #101
390 Posts
Not trying to make you sound stupid or anything, but I know how getting new parts for your truck can get you excited, and make you not pay as much attention as you should, so just make sure and look it over if you find a junkyard one, so it hasn't sit for a while and got rust on it. From what I hear that's not good for a turbo. :shootself:

·
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yes thanks i can get a lil excitedLOL... i did find a 2003 ps7.3 that was rolled an the guy wants to part everything out... and i found a 01 that had his truck stollen and prudy much everything was gone but the motor an the frame..?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts