The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What date did Ford stop producing the Early 99's and switch to the 99.5? How hard wold it be to switch the Early 99 turbo for a late 99 turbo? Thanks Zac

·
0 Posts
Mid December 98 was the switchover. Not exactly sure of the exact date. If you are wondering if you have an early or a late...look at the intake spider. If you have an air intake heater...you have a late 99.

As for swapping out an early 99 turbo for a mid-99 or another aftermarket type...you would need to swap out the turbo pedestal...the up-pipes, intake plenums and y-pipe.

·
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do the badges on the side of the truck have anything to do with the early of late 99.

·
TDG Mafia - Booze Runner
3,705 Posts
powerstroke2003 said:
Do the badges on the side of the truck have anything to do with the early of late 99.
Nope, I had an early 99 with badges on the door:Thumbup:

·
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Where are the build dates on the truck and engine? What does the air intake heater look like? Thanks

·
0 Posts
The build dates are on the drivers door...door latch side.

On the intake...passenger side...look where the CAC pipe comes back up the the y-pipe. If there is a sensor mounted in the y-pipe...I suppose about 3/4 inch or so in diameter...you have the intake heater. If there is nothing there...you have an early 99.

·
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My truck was build in 4-98 and in the middle of the y-pipe there is like a plate with some electrical componets bolted to it. IF this makes any sense at all.

·
6,337 Posts
powerstroke2003 said:
My truck was build in 4-98 and in the middle of the y-pipe there is like a plate with some electrical componets bolted to it. IF this makes any sense at all.

Here is a Pic of where the plug is... or was...LOL

Attachments

·
608 Posts
we have something there too, but it isn't an air intake heater from what i understand. but yes you do have an early 99...

·
0 Posts
powerstroke2003 said:
with a build date of 4/98...thats an early 99.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts