• Deleted for more power

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Combat Trucker
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With all the new enviromental control systems on todays diesels, what is everyones opinion about them?

·
3,533 Posts
I have an LMM Duramax and will keep it compliant, until the warranty is over, then I will decide. We have a carbon tax that's just given to the oil companies, I live in the mountains, and burn wood for heat so my carbon signature is very low. If the same BS is going on after the next election, I will be deleting.

·
216 Posts
If this President has his way we will all be walking soon. Just this week our beloved EPA has ask for permission to enforce more stringent regulation on coal burning power plants making many unable to operate. Get ready for 1 dollar per KW, that is a little over the top but things are changing, and the Big O said elect me and you will get CHANGE. Well here it comes and I do not think Newt, or Mitt are much better.

I am only keeping my EGR/DPF because it will cost too much if I get caught without it. And we get checked at least once a year.

·
3,533 Posts
You have to beware the sky is falling. Every week something is going to demolish the economy. Congress needs to be led they admitted it this week they could not do their business without leadership from the president. Good thing frank Luntz and the Koch brothers are out there to give advise!

·
2,063 Posts
It doesn't look like leadership to me. A leader lays out a plan, explains it so everone can do what is necessary to make things take place at the proper time, and explains to the nay sayers why his plan will be the best for all, not a few.

Here are a few Traits of a leader that people must find in a leader to trust them.

1.) Honesty
2.) Competent
3.) Forward-looking
4.) Inspiring
5.) Intelligent
6.) Fair-minded
7.) Broad-minded
8.) Candor - Frankness
9.) Imaginative
10.) Values
11.) Traits

Justice
Judgment
Dependability
Initiative
Decisiveness
Tact
Integrity
Enthusiasm
Bearing
Unselfishness
Courage
Knowledge
Loyalty
Endurance

I wish I saw more of these in our political leaders.

·
69 Posts
What happened to the poll! I don't like pollution control devices,but i also don't understand blowin lots of black smoke,wastin fuel,and polluting the air.

·
Combat Trucker
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I agree, I dont care too much for the new emission devices and such either. Thats why I have a 6.5td and a 5.9 cummins. I beleive the emissions devices crosses a line when it makes you sacrifice 10-30% in fuel economy and increases engine wear. I may be a lil crazy, but I would think overall less pollutants would come out a vehicle getting 20mpg as opposed to an identical one getting 16mpg in the long run by the reduced consumption of fuel. Over 100,000 miles @ 20mpg is 5000 gallons. Identical vehicle at 16mpg over 100,000miles uses 6250 gallons. Thats an additional 1250gallons of diesel fuel burnt. How can that be better for the enviroment?

·
42 Posts
i really want to get the delete and tuner but I'm worried about warranty only. thats all that is holding be back. the truck will be three years old next month and i know i have a 5 yr on the power train..should i or should i not do it ? lmao

·
2,063 Posts
you sacrifice 10-30% in fuel economy and increases engine wear. I may be a lil crazy, but I would think overall less pollutants would come out a vehicle getting 20mpg as opposed to an identical one getting 16mpg in the long run by the reduced consumption of fuel. Over 100,000 miles @ 20mpg is 5000 gallons. Identical vehicle at 16mpg over 100,000miles uses 6250 gallons. Thats an additional 1250gallons of diesel fuel burnt. How can that be better for the enviroment?
You are correct, stop and think about the heat from the extra fuel burnt, it is a different type of pollution but it is still pollution.

·
212 Posts
had an 08 dodge and was getting 2 extra quarts of "oil " out when changing at 3000 miloes. too much fuel in exhaust stroke for regen. bought an 11 duramax which puts extra fuel into exhaust pipe. no oil dilution. deleted dodge for this problem. will keep chevy stock. fuel mileage is about the same as deleted dodge. would like some clean air for my grandchildren.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts