237 Posts
that thing is ****ing ugly..

·
*^%$#@&am p;am p;am p;am p;am
1,327 Posts

·
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
cool, please give an honest report back. I've seen some utube video's at the Ford events and from a stop the EB beats GM, Dodge & toyota.

·
Banned
713 Posts
I'm going to test drive it Saturday at Sea World. Seen Ford was letting people test the new F150's, so I signed up to do it.
Where do you sign up?

·
is here and there.
10,573 Posts
And it will take whatever loads drivers can heap on it, with 365 hp, 420 lb.-ft torque, and 11,300 lbs. towing capacity. For comparison, that’s more torque and towing capacity than is available from any engine in any competitor’s truck. Ram drivers with a manly Hemi under the hood may snicker at the F-150’s “EcoBoost” badge, but the EcoBoost will thumb its nose at the Hemi as it powers away with more torque that is delivered at lower revs.
That was taken from this article http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39969898/ns/business-autos/

·
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Smashed, did you get a chance to drive them?

I saw pickuptrucks.com ran a SC 4x2 EB et:14.6 in the 1/4. I personally think Ford clearly went the right route with this motor over a baby diesel and all the emission garbage involved.
The kicker is this motor only cost $1700 over the base 3.5 V6.

·
133 Posts
Smashed, did you get a chance to drive them?

I saw pickuptrucks.com ran a SC 4x2 EB et:14.6 in the 1/4. I personally think Ford clearly went the right route with this motor over a baby diesel and all the emission garbage involved.
The kicker is this motor only cost $1700 over the base 3.5 V6.

It was a neat little event. I drove the 3.7 (w/e the base v6 is), Eco Boost, 5.0 and 6.2L. They had a small little track that you could drive to see how easy it turned, then a drag strip so you could race against each other (also had a 5.7L RAM and 5.3L Chevy). They had a few other events that you could drive the Eco Boost unloaded around for about 2 miles just to get a feel of the truck, a dyno with the eco boost, and you could tow a 6500lb trailer with the Eco Boost (5.3L Chevy and 5.7L RAM). There were a few other sections that let you look at each of Fords new motors, a semi trailer full of Nascar arcade games, all of the trucks to look at, and few other things.

I have to say all the engines from Ford were nice. My favorite of the new 4 engines was the Eco Boost. The truck turned nice, put your *** in the seat, and was just fun to drive in general. I obviously couldn't get MPG figures since they only let me drive it for about 2 miles, but the truck handled good. When towing I really don't have anything else to compare it to as I never towed with the old 5.4. I'm kicking myself in the butt now for not driving the 5.7 RAM or 5.3 Chevy so I'd have something to compare it to, but the Eco Boost held its weight. You just drive around the Sea world block to see how it tows. I didn't catch a light the 1st time around, so the guy asked me if I wanted to go around again so I could catch a light to step on it with the trailer. When I got the chance it wasn't bad for a v6. :woohoo It felt like a v8, imo. I think I'd still prefer a 4.4L over this if it was an option, but I can forgive Ford as I see the reason to bring this out instead. It has good hp, tq, good mileage (so they said something like 17/25mpg), and is much cheaper than the diesel.

The 6.2L was seriously fun to drag race with. It was only a 1/8th setup they had, but that's better than nothing. The 6.2L was a Harley edition. I don't care for the new harley decals and stuff on the truck, but the 6.2 seemed to pick up better than my 2007 Chevy 2500HD 6.0 work truck. Granted the Chevy is a 2500HD and weighs a little more, but I liked the 6.2 more.

I never cared for F150's, but if I was going to buy one I wouldn't hesitate to buy the Eco Boost. I'd actually probably the Eco Boost over the 6.2.

for price/performance I'd rate them:

Eco Boost > 6.2L > 5.0 > 3.7L (think?) v6

·
Banned
713 Posts
It was a neat little event. I drove the 3.7 (w/e the base v6 is), Eco Boost, 5.0 and 6.2L. They had a small little track that you could drive to see how easy it turned, then a drag strip so you could race against each other (also had a 5.7L RAM and 5.3L Chevy). They had a few other events that you could drive the Eco Boost unloaded around for about 2 miles just to get a feel of the truck, a dyno with the eco boost, and you could tow a 6500lb trailer with the Eco Boost (5.3L Chevy and 5.7L RAM). There were a few other sections that let you look at each of Fords new motors, a semi trailer full of Nascar arcade games, all of the trucks to look at, and few other things.

I have to say all the engines from Ford were nice. My favorite of the new 4 engines was the Eco Boost. The truck turned nice, put your *** in the seat, and was just fun to drive in general. I obviously couldn't get MPG figures since they only let me drive it for about 2 miles, but the truck handled good. When towing I really don't have anything else to compare it to as I never towed with the old 5.4. I'm kicking myself in the butt now for not driving the 5.7 RAM or 5.3 Chevy so I'd have something to compare it to, but the Eco Boost held its weight. You just drive around the Sea world block to see how it tows. I didn't catch a light the 1st time around, so the guy asked me if I wanted to go around again so I could catch a light to step on it with the trailer. When I got the chance it wasn't bad for a v6. :woohoo It felt like a v8, imo. I think I'd still prefer a 4.4L over this if it was an option, but I can forgive Ford as I see the reason to bring this out instead. It has good hp, tq, good mileage (so they said something like 17/25mpg), and is much cheaper than the diesel.

The 6.2L was seriously fun to drag race with. It was only a 1/8th setup they had, but that's better than nothing. The 6.2L was a Harley edition. I don't care for the new harley decals and stuff on the truck, but the 6.2 seemed to pick up better than my 2007 Chevy 2500HD 6.0 work truck. Granted the Chevy is a 2500HD and weighs a little more, but I liked the 6.2 more.

I never cared for F150's, but if I was going to buy one I wouldn't hesitate to buy the Eco Boost. I'd actually probably the Eco Boost over the 6.2.

for price/performance I'd rate them:

Eco Boost > 6.2L > 5.0 > 3.7L (think?) v6

Does the EcoBoost feel more powerful or quicker than the 6.2L?

·
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Does the EcoBoost feel more powerful or quicker than the 6.2L?
having not driven one, I'd venture to say yes. The 420lb-ft comes on quick at 1600rpm. The 6.2L needs to get strung out for a while longer and only making 12lbs more ultimately. Plus the EB curve is flat as a diesel and pulls from the hit.

·
Banned
713 Posts
having not driven one, I'd venture to say yes. The 420lb-ft comes on quick at 1600rpm. The 6.2L needs to get strung out for a while longer and only making 12lbs more ultimately. Plus the EB curve is flat as a diesel and pulls from the hit.
I think the torque hits at 2ish000 RPM and the 6.7L diesel is 1600.

·
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
I think the torque hits at 2ish000 RPM and the 6.7L diesel is 1600.
You're right, I mixed them up a little "420 lb.-ft. of torque at 2,500 rpm, with up to 90 percent of the peak torque available from 1,700 rpm to 5,000 rpm – all on regular fuel"

·
Banned
713 Posts

·
1,103 Posts

·
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #40 (Edited)
Checked out the video, pretty impressive. Then I went to build & price & couldn't find any truck that you could get the 3.5 in. What model is Ford using the 3.5?
Strange, the EB is available in every truck model (from STX to Platinum).

I just checked on another site. Apparently the order forms aren't available for the EB until early 2011 (jan-feb). The 5.0L will be available first. EB will be the last. They have more testing to do, no setback, just additional testing.

21 - 40 of 60 Posts