The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im going to be getting a sct shortly.Ive read in a few post that you can get better mpg with a street tune. So what would be the benifit of a economy tune?

·
113 Posts
I was told by Innovative Diesel that the economy tune would gain 2-4 MPG.
The street tune would gain 1-2 MPG.

They hold back the fuel with the economy tune, so it makes less power.

I used to run the economy tune. My truck ran well.

I raced an F-150 and barely beat him, so I decided to run the street program.

Holy crap!, with the street program my truck screams now! I'd smoke that same truck with the street program!!

There is so much power, I don't really go past 3/4 throttle much. If you floor it, make sure you are going straight and the pavement is dry, or you'll be sideways in a heartbeat!

Hope that helps. If you drive easy you'll see an improvement in MPG. I gained about 1 MPG. I run it hard at least once a day to keep the carbon blown out.:smoke

·
963 Posts
With DJ's Economy tune...I can still smoke most things...you just have to floor it to get any power.

I have seen 2.5-3 MPG improvement with DJ's Economy tune. I have seen 1.5-2 MPG increase with DJ's street tune. I am seeing 2.5-3 MPG increase with the Looney tune. All of those numbers are while being very light on the throttle.

·
TDG Mafia Member#67
5,655 Posts
i havent ever really ran economy tunes...i guess custom ones are better. but i have always gotten better mpg on higher powered tunes. i wouldnt think the race, but street yes. more power=less throttle to acheive the same speed. so if you drive it right, the higher powered files should give more mpg. i used to have a banks six gun and i would always get better mpg on the highway in level 6 than i did in level 3-4!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts