The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
TDG Mafia Member #24
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who's writing good economy tunes? I have bean 190cc and bean turbo, I am looking for some one who can write a sick economy highway tune that doesn't leave the truck completly nuetered.

Thanks guys. :grd

·
vendor supporter
700 Posts
I would try Tadd at elite diesel or innovative diesel both have made some great tunes for me. you can't beat going with either one. Jason

·
Destroked
1,658 Posts
Jody (DP-Tuner) has one mean econ. tune!!!! :Thumbup: My '05 went from 16-17 on the highway to 22!!!! Plus it dynoed 291hp, and is very peppy.

·
Registered
328 Posts
wasn't doug doing your tuning before?

·
TDG Mafia Member #24
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep but he specializes in tow tunes and if anyone needs a tow tune they need to call Doug but I am looking for someone who has made it a point to go out and actually write an economy tune. What is Jodys screen name on here?

·
296 Posts
diesel dan said:
Jody (DP-Tuner) has one mean econ. tune!!!! :Thumbup: My '05 went from 16-17 on the highway to 22!!!! Plus it dynoed 291hp, and is very peppy.
22mpg's?! Awesome!

Hey Eric(ID), what do you think your eco tune will do? I'm driving to Vegas next week and need all the help I can get.

Jeff

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I pull 21-23mpg consistantly with the Xtreme program on the highway. If you can keep your foot out of it, the Xtreme and Economy will yield pretty similar mileage. The Economy program is basically just restraint by brute force...pulling fuel no matter where you have the pedal. :93C_peelo

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
I would rather keep my foot out of it with a hot tune and know it's there if I want it.....rather then castrate my mods by pulling fuel......but then Im just sick that way I guess....
jschall

·
447 Posts
Jschall

Hell no you aren't sick. There is a lot of us out there just like you buddy.:evil:

·
773 Posts
:iagree Although, it seems the milage suffers anyways:shrug:

·
963 Posts
If I want good economy, I have to run an economy tune that pulls fuel, because with Tadd's Insanity, DJ's Looney, or Doug's Gonzo, it is way to much fun to hit the Go fast Pedal.:damnit

I have personally seen 20MPG with DJ's Economy tune, and would probably get better if I wasn't running 75+ with 35's and 4.5 of lift.

Ray

·
963 Posts
Mr. M., With DJ's Economy I can still toast most Ricers, and GT Mustangs, I just have to Power Brake a lot more...

Ray

·
296 Posts
InnovativeDiesel said:
I pull 21-23mpg consistantly with the Xtreme program on the highway. If you can keep your foot out of it, the Xtreme and Economy will yield pretty similar mileage. The Economy program is basically just restraint by brute force...pulling fuel no matter where you have the pedal. :93C_peelo
Thanks Eric! I'll load it in the truck Tuesday!

Jeff

·
Registered
29 Posts
Looking to boost economy also, running 16-17 mpg combined city & highway. I get on shot at this guys! for this will be in my X-mas stocking. I belive I order the SCT? and ask for a economy tune? Also on replies please excuse my LOK (Lack of Knowledge) as I have only owned the truck for a little over a month now.

Gary

2004 - F350 King Ranch LB/SWR/FX4

·
Obviously Intuitive !
1,417 Posts
NO problem on the LOK :) - we were all there at one time !

Some think of ignorance as a bad word...
it's just a lack of experience - not 'UntellAgents" :)

And actually, no to the one shot - you can get tunes as often as you like...

What MOST will do is
Either order the maximum Race tune, and then some other tunes...
and never use anything but the race tune...
OR order the generics, and after having it a while figure out they should have order the race tune :)

ALL us 3 leggers need that :)

good luck...

DO get the locked torque convertor in 2nd thru 5th !!! the best thing about the tunes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We just ran the Extreme tune from DFW to Memphis and might I say we made "GOOD time" the first leg... then the son in law in his new 07 Yukon got impatient following me, so he passed and made "better" time...

Even at those speeds I got about 18 mpg and his fancy 8 cylinder that goes to 4 cylinders and all that only got 16 mpg.....

And a few times we NEEDED the power setting to get around a few "weavers" and lessen the chance of them hitting us...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts