The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know theres at least 3 guys on here with EDEs turbos hpfp and injectors, why no numbers? Dyno? 1/4 Times? Hard to commit to spending big money without any sort of proven results.... Im pretty interested in whats worth doing to my spare motor...

·
361 Posts
yea im wandering the same thing.i bet you could get em ni the 10s with all edes goodies

·
Diesel Kid
4,580 Posts
yea im wandering the same thing.i bet you could get em ni the 10s with all edes goodies
I doubt that. Not enough fuel. I think EDE is working on getting some more fuel though.

·
Ford 6.4 it's just cooler
673 Posts

·
1,077 Posts
Modded fuel pump and a whole new low pressure delivery system.

I'm with post 1 though. It would be nice to see results before dropping several G's.

·
113 Posts
With the modded HPFP and a few different options on the lift pump side of things I think that the fuel issue is taken care of for now. I would love to see some of these trucks with the correct tuning to see what they can do. The times that I have seem from these Elite trucks haven't been a whole lot better than just a tuned, CAI, and exhaust truck.

·
Diesel Kid
4,580 Posts
With the modded HPFP and a few different options on the lift pump side of things I think that the fuel issue is taken care of for now. I would love to see some of these trucks with the correct tuning to see what they can do. The times that I have seem from these Elite trucks haven't been a whole lot better than just a tuned, CAI, and exhaust truck.
They may get more fuel from the Modded HPFP but thats still not Twin CP3's. When these are available the times and dyno numbers will be much more impressive.

·
673 Posts
They may get more fuel from the Modded HPFP but thats still not Twin CP3's. When these are available the times and dyno numbers will be much more impressive.
thats when something other than modified chargers needs to be added...I got the feeling we'll have to have more air for that much fuel

·
I Eat Rice
2,155 Posts
I think more air will have a greater effect then more fuel(CP3's). From what I gather from Cobb's the modified HPFP has more capacity then the current crop of CP3's on the market. So with a modded HPFP and up graded turbos the new main concern is internals and high flow heads. But like the OP said.... Where are the #'s to go with all that cash???

·
Diesel Kid
4,580 Posts
Id like to see this modded HPFP. If its better then Twin CP3's then thats impressive. If i were to do turbo upgrades it would be to true twin turbos not dual sequential.

Reactions: Blk350on20s

·
673 Posts
we're not saying it's better, just enough...Air is needed to clean up the smoke

·
cool as december
1,032 Posts
i've been wondering the same thing. The pump mod is supposed to be adding power but not that much because spartan has figured out how to get the valves to open far enough to get almost 100% out of the stocker

·
Diesel Kid
4,580 Posts
we're not saying it's better, just enough...Air is needed to clean up the smoke
very true. Currently all of the tunes are getting enough air. But the fuel mods will probably black that out.

·
cool as december
1,032 Posts
I think if they can clean up some more of the smoke, like EDE;s turbos (if they do) then its probably good for another 50-100 horse

·
Diesel Kid
4,580 Posts
Just by this video the upgraded turbos, stage 1 injectors and their spartan type tuning are seem still pretty dang smokey.

·
cool as december
1,032 Posts
sure does, cant wait to see what industrial injection and turbonetics have in store as far as turbo's go

·
Diesel Kid
4,580 Posts
Id like to see a 6.4 with some Industrial Twins. That would be awesome.

·
cool as december
1,032 Posts
my buddy went up to montana last weekend for some diesel event and said that they had some turbos on display for 6.4 didnt get any info though.

·
Diesel Kid
4,580 Posts
Really, bet they're really nice.

·
433 Posts
One of the 6.4's that was supposed to be in the DPC this year has a bunch of goodies, next year when he runs if they ask him its going to be just plain rediculous. A dang CC F450 with a few things done weighing in at 9200lbs ran a 13.2! There was more in it but he kept forgeting to put it in 4WD :bang

1 - 20 of 111 Posts