The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 01. Just ordered the Edge w/ Attitude. I've heard the tranny is not the best in the world. So my question is If I take it easy and basicly just use the edge for gauges do you think the trans will hold up. I figure I might run it on setting 2 or 3. Any input would be nice. Thanks for all the help...

·
1,055 Posts
If you leave it on the first few setting you should be just fine.

·
232 Posts
well when i get mine i dont plan on just using the first settings... but i prob not leave them on the high settings

·
TDG Mafia Member #21
1,345 Posts
You should be ok if your tranny isn't too weak. You will need to upgrade before you do anything else though.i.e. injectors, t/c lockup switch.

·
3,514 Posts
yeah, you'll smoke your trans if you're running anything over 100hp or so over stock. They don't take extra power well. Anyways, throw in a T/C and Valvebody and you should be good for a decent amount of power. If you run the higher settings, you will eventually cook your transmission though.
Sean

·
259 Posts
I said that i would leave it on setting 1 or stock and use the attitude for gauges. But trust me its hard to be driving down the road and see that monitor and not turn it up. I do it all the time. i have had my box in my truck since it came out in late april. And lets just say my clutch is gone it still holds just fine on 1 and 2, turn the box up it slips like crazy. To make the story short anytime you put a box like that in your truck you have to upgrade your tranny. Me im going with a South bend clutch.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts