The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can any one tell me if an edge comp box from an 02 HO six speed work on a 00 So auto? I think it should work except for the MAP sen. is different? (maybe) am i correct or not?

·
Official TDG Doctor
5,281 Posts
Edge will tell you that you can't because they are programmed different but getcha a different harness and it will be ok...I unplugged mine, replaced it to see what would happen and couldnt tell a difference...

Nate :wave

·
497 Posts
Mine is for a 2001, and I am running it in a 2002, I know the only difference is the map sesonr on them. But I let a buddy of mine try mine in his 99 and it worked in it, and I put his 99 in my 02 and it worked. Couldn't tell any difference

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your input on this,

·
2nd Gen Guru
2,641 Posts
Map sensor plug is the change... Other than that it should work...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Edge will tell you that you can't because they are programmed different but getcha a different harness and it will be ok...I unplugged mine, replaced it to see what would happen and couldnt tell a difference...

So your tellin me that i can get a new harness from edge and the box will work? Do you or any one know what they changed in the programming? Will i run the chance of blowing my oem computer or some thing else elec.? or can i just get an map sensor for an 02 and replace my 00 map sensor?

·
Repository of Diesel Info
469 Posts
Map sensor plug is the change... Other than that it should work...
That isnt correct, 98-2000 have a different data link plug, it may work but he will need a whole new harness not just the map sensor plug.

Personally I wold just find the right Comp for your model. If the 02 is really cheap/free buy it and sell it for a profit.

·
Official TDG Doctor
5,281 Posts
That isnt correct, 98-2000 have a different data link plug, it may work but he will need a whole new harness not just the map sensor plug.

Personally I wold just find the right Comp for your model. If the 02 is really cheap/free buy it and sell it for a profit.
The only difference is 'programming' and the MAP plug...but there is no converter like 01/02 so yes a new harness is needed...

So your tellin me that i can get a new harness from edge and the box will work? Do you or any one know what they changed in the programming? Will i run the chance of blowing my oem computer or some thing else elec.? or can i just get an map sensor for an 02 and replace my 00 map sensor?
Yep I replaced mine with a 99 Drag Comp and it worked just fine...Where I had my Comp already installed I just unplugged my box from the harness and then replaced it...I think a new harness will run you 150...but if you have the harness from the old truck call edge and tell them that it "melted" and then set it on fire, you talk to the right person you'll get a new one to fit your truck fo free...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts