The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, this may have been asked before, but which is the hottest, badest chip. The Drag Comp or the Edge Juice/Attitude when it is unlocked. Just wondering. The trucks this may go in both have all the guages, fuel pressure, boost, and EGT's. SO which of these is the hottest. I had heard that the juice may have more power than the drag comp when level 6 was unlocked.
:shrug:
Also got a guy with a drag comp, all the sub-levels work, but the main levels won't change on it. So he is looking to have to replace it if the comp is the problem. What would be better to go back with another drag comp or juice with attitude? He already has guages, but we were wondering which box added the most power or if they were the same in the end!!

Thanks for any information on this. :thanks:

·
Registered
316 Posts
I don't believe there is a difference in how they run.

Since you have gauges, have you considered a TST PowerMax 3? Stacked with a smarty that seems to be a pretty powerful stack.

·
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well the guy that has the comp we think is going out, was just wondering if there was really any difference in the comp and juice with them both on the highest setting. But a TST PowerMax 3 hasn't been thought of yet. Then to stack with a smarty, what fun we could have with that!!!!

·
TDG Mafia Member #21
1,345 Posts
They are exactly the same when it comes to power. Since he has the gauges go with the comp if you stay with Edge.

·
3,514 Posts
As far as the guy who is having the problem with it not changing between levels. Have him give edge a call. My friend is having the same problem right now, and it looks like edge is just going to send him a new unit when they get his back.
Sean

·
Registered
422 Posts
I love my juice/attitude, but Diesel Nut has a good setup. Whenever you get ready call Jason at Diesel Nut Motorsports, he knows his stuff and can prolly answer any questions you have..

Stephen!

·
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Alright, well we put my comp box in his truck, same thing, no changes between levels. Now he is going to work on his wire tap on the pump. False alarm there on the comp box going bad. Thanks for the input though.

O is it worth the money to buy a pump cover when tapping the pump wire????:shrug:

·
Registered
422 Posts
I have heard that the pump cover is best because it doesn't require you to pierce wires and it makes the job look cleaner. Besides they aren't that expensive and appear to be easy to install.

Stephen!

·
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was thinking it would look better, and be a cleaner set up.

ON the reason i started this thread, that guys wire tap was the problem. SO that got me to thinking about a cover for when i tap mine, Maybe i won't have the problem of my wire tap coming undone with a cover....

·
Registered
422 Posts
I doubt you will have any problem with the wire tap coming undone. I pierced mine with the supplied tap and I put some silicone in the tap, but i haven't had any trouble with mine at all. I just can't see how you can stand not to pierce the pump wire....

Stephen!

·
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
:93C_peelo Well, the only way i can stand it is to think about how much that clutch is going to cost me, and i don't have the money to buy one right now. So myself control was to not tap the wire, if it was tapped i would have to put it all the way and see what happens, and that would probably be the end of my clutch!! That is the only reason it isn't tapped, but i want to very badly!!

·
Registered
316 Posts
Thats a good plan. Can't over do it if its not hooked up!

I like using the covers for several reasons. One the piercing is inside the pump. Much easier to sneak past warranty. Two the connection is cleaner and simpler. No digging through the wires in a cramped spot. Three, no damaged wires. I have had several customers come to me with stripped wires cause the scotch lock bent or broke and shredded the wiring.

As for switching levels, I don't believe the Comp will change anything with the levels if its not hooked to the pump wire. Its basically an EZ.

·
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It is the same horsepower, but It is very aggressive on how it fuels with out the tap wire when compared to say level 1 to 5 with out the tap. Level 5 without the tap really gets with it, I just can't wait to tap the wire, just got to save some money for a clutch!:Thumbup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts