The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I called the hotel that all of us Coloradoans usually stay at, the Crystal Inn in West Valley City. They have set aside 15 rooms under the "Edge Event" at a group rate of $72/night. For those of you flying into SLC, they do offer a free shuttle to and from the airport.

All you need to do is call this hotel directly at 888-977-9400 and tell them you are booking a room with the Edge Event group. If you run into any problems, please post them here.

The Edge Event weekend is September 8th-9th, with the drag races actually starting on Friday, 9/8 in the afternoon and the dyno event at Edge on Saturday, 9/9. The hotel is nearby the race track and has restaurants within walking distance.

The Crystal Inn West Valley City is located approximately a quarter-mile from E Center Arena and Hollywood Connection and seven miles from Salt Lake City International Airport. This location is also half a mile from Valley Fair Mall, seven miles from Temple Square, and within 30 miles of Alta Ski Resort, Brighton Ski Resort, Deer Valley, Park City, Snowbird Ski Resort, Solitude Ski Resort, and the Canyons.

Hotel amenities include the indoor swimming pool, Internet cafe, hot tub, complimentary hot breakfast, free airport shuttle service, convenience store, fitness room, free weekday newspapers, laundry facilities, free local calls, wireless Internet access throughout the hotel, and free parking.
All rooms have air-conditioning, coffeemakers, microwaves, refrigerators, dataports, interior access, hairdryers, irons and ironing boards, VCRs, and cable TVs with HBO.

·
6,337 Posts
You going? I wounder what the chance is of a truck pull???

On a side note, I built the Wal-mart and the Home Depot in west valley... LOL

·
6,337 Posts
No pulls.... Come on Shay... you can make it happen...

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LOL. You're funny.

That is something that we all need to request to the folks at Edge. They seem to be really great people and receptive to most anything. I bet if they saw that the interest is there, they just might do it. I am thinking that I had heard of a sled in Utah, but not sure exactly where........

Even if there are no pulls this year, Edge puts on a great event. We all have a lot of fun. I hope you and Kylie can make it!!

·
6,337 Posts
We (the wife, kids, and dogs) are really thinking about it!

Kyle... you can ride in the back with bree...

·
Registered
598 Posts
Hey Shay do you know of anywhere we could park a 5th wheel? I'm thinking about coming out and staying in my camper?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts