The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 1995 psd.K&N,BD brake,Magna Flow.What is the best setting for the edge for fuel mileage.Edge doesn't have a solid answer.And how much hp. can I add without melting the tranny.Edge Evolution has the 60,80,100 hp modes.???

·
In the passing lane
1,453 Posts
the 100hp with give the best MPG unless you have your foot in it all the time :haha

·
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can I run another 100hp and not destroy the stock auto trans?I was told it might not be a good idea.Also I have it set on tow mode(60hp) right now.The truck parts store (BD)said I would only get about 30 or 40 hp more on the highest setting,I know I'm getting more than that already on the tow mode.The truck just flys now.Hard to wade through all the conflicting answers.Thanks ahead for answering and throwing in your experience.

·
862 Posts
That's all you'll get is conflicting answers. The reason why is that everyone's driving style is different, as well as what you use your truck for. Some people can get away with putting the programmer on the highest hp setting, and not lose mileage. Others get better mileage on lower settings or even stock. There's no definite answer for you. You'll have to experiment and see which one works best for you.

·
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was thinking,drive normal,empty,a bit of town driving,mostly highway.It's hard not to test out a instant 100 hp more,I know.

·
52 Posts
I've got the edge programer with juice. I noticed significant gains once I reprogramed my computer but the "shift on the fly" thing doesnt really seem to help. Race and Extreme are just a better way to blow soot at tailgaters. I suppose if I had better injectors they would be worth something more.

·
In the passing lane
1,453 Posts
I've got the edge programer with juice. I noticed significant gains once I reprogramed my computer but the "shift on the fly" thing doesnt really seem to help. Race and Extreme are just a better way to blow soot at tailgaters. I suppose if I had better injectors they would be worth something more.
I have the same thing but with a superchips programer and I notice a big difference if I turn on/off the juice:thumbsup

·
2,106 Posts
The Evolution seems to be bout the best "off the shelf" tuner/chip for the 7.3 Before I get jumped on about DP and TS, I said OFF THE SHELF. I ran my 99 in level two all the time, and I did toast my transmission. I ran the truck pretty hard and it did last a while but the trans did go. BTW the Evolutoin only put my truck up to 285HP at the wheels on level three, two to three only gained 5 horse.

·
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Any problems with egt's or trans temp.T's and P's in the green is what I'm hoping for.

·
JUCK FEEP
367 Posts
I now have the EVO and the Edge juice w/ att and I think they are a great combo. The EVO stays on tow and the juice stays on extreme. The power is great, I can monitor my EGT's (never get over 1250) and the trans shifts nice and hard thanks to the EVO. However I will say this my tranny is damn near dead but this is proly due to the 38's and 8,000lb crawler/trailer combo I tow.

·
213 Posts
I get the best mileage on the highest level. I have had it on for over 35,000 miles and its been on the highest level the whole time. No problems with the trans. And it has 150,000 miles on it. Knock on wood

1 - 11 of 11 Posts