The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone just wondering peoples input on an edge evolution programmer on my 97 7.3 thinking about getting one??
thanks

·
78 Posts
exactly what he said. i have a 96 and i have a dp tuner with high idle, lope, 80hp tow, 120hp race, and 140hp aggressive. my truck though i had to get a new fuel pump, but i think its just because mine wore out from use

·
MAFIA MEMBER 106
2,262 Posts
I started with superchips then went to edge then to DP tuner. the programers work well but tend to burn up trannys as they dont have very good tranny tunes. A custom chip from any of the big tuners will be worlds better in your truck.
If you have a sick truck and are not planing on any upgrades a programer will be ok
If you have an auto get a good chip or pay later IMHO
I hope this helps

Reactions: landyacht

·
southern-stroke
227 Posts
I wouldn't buy one again. I have one, and it's stuck on the 80 hp tune. It won't let me change tunes or take it off altogether, all it will let me do is check codes and run 0-60 times and what not. Only way to get it off is to reflash my pcm. But my auto has been so far with it on the 80 hp tune, pulled many loads close to 16,000 lbs with it.

·
Sheep Shearer
22 Posts
IMHO
Programmers = Crap.

Edge, bullydog, and all the rest that flash the PCM will cause you issues in the long run.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts