The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm posting this for a friend. He bought and installed the edge with attitude in his 2001 dodge lastnight and everything works great except for the fuel pressure is always reading zero! Just wondering if there might be something that he did wrong on the install. Thanks for looking.

·
Smoke Creator.
189 Posts
Ok, I'll bite.

did he hook up the FP sender?

If so and it still no workie than have him call Edge, they have a customer service # that's just for these instances.

dan

·
TDG Mafia Member #21
1,345 Posts
Did he have a fp gauge on the truck before the install? The LP may be dead.

·
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He did hook it up, and no he didn't have a gauge before. How would he be able to check the Lifter pump?

·
TDG Mafia Member #21
1,345 Posts
If he doesn't trust the monitor he can use a mechanical gauge on the schrader valve at the injection pump. I would personally replace the lp. It is probably 99% that it is the problem.

·
274 Posts
Ok bust a the fuel line loose coming from the lift pump, to the fuel filter housing, turn the key to the on position you should hear the lift pump turn on, and fuel should come from the hose you took loose, if no fuel the replace the pump.

·
1,055 Posts
:iagree If he has never had it replaced and he has any sort of mileage, it is probly dead. Don't want it to take out the I/P, very expensive.

·
464 Posts
I would go ahead and upgrade the fuel system with a aftermarket pump. Then he'll maintain good psi with what ever he decides to run on the truck.

B

·
0 Posts
Any word? If he has been running on 0# of fuel pressure I hate to say it, but the damage is already done to the VP if the results are immediate or not.

·
80 Posts
bad_cummins said:
Ok bust a the fuel line loose coming from the lift pump, to the fuel filter housing, turn the key to the on position you should hear the lift pump turn on, and fuel should come from the hose you took loose, if no fuel the replace the pump.
actually you have to bump the engine over but dont start it, and the lift pump will run for 30 sec. also check that you maintain proper pressure when the box is turned all the way up and full throttle....i think the spec is something around 10 psi. im sure someone here knows the spec. thats what i had to do anyway, maybe a 98.5 is diff from an 01. not sure. and on the top of my filter huosing are 2 bolts to bleed the system to that point. i used them for that once because i forgot to fill my filter with fuel when i replaced it:damnit

·
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all of the info! I just texted him and he said that he'll check it asap. Then i'll let you guy's know. Thanks again.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts