The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am conciderin getting a edge monitor. will the a2 do everything the insight will? i want to put gps and a backup camera on truck so a2 makes sense but i want to be able to monitor thru obd port also like insight. any info appreciated.
scott

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Edge

The A2 is not a stand alone unit. I plus in with the Platinum out under the hood. The Insight is a stand alone unit. Let me know if you have any questions.
Aden

·
Registered
394 Posts
scottmori said:
i am conciderin getting a edge monitor. will the a2 do everything the insight will? i want to put gps and a backup camera on truck so a2 makes sense but i want to be able to monitor thru obd port also like insight. any info appreciated.
scott
If u want a lot of power go with the DP Tuner, but if you want the edge for the camera i hope you find a good deal! GOOD LUCK!!!

·
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys. i will be using them just as gauges. i wil get a sct for power.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Insight is the way togo. I have sold and installed a few, and they are awesome. Let me know if you a pcakage price. Send me a PM.

·
3,306 Posts
I agree with Bill. I got mine from him and i love it. Here are a few pics.....

Attachments

·
3,306 Posts
I never had the quad commander so i rally can't comment on whether it's better or not. The only thing that the insight cannot do is read fuel pressure. Which edge is working on trying to develop a way so that it can. It is udateable through a USB port and can be plugged into the computer also for data logging.

·
135 Posts
Hate to comment when I don't have proof but the Commander has gotten some bad reviews for crazy temp readings. Not sure if I read them here or on FTE or on powerstroke.org but there was more than one user having issues. I've heard lots of good things too so,...:shrug: It would be worth a "search" on these boards before buying one.

Stay Tuned
Amp

·
2,951 Posts
I have the insight and have never had a problem with the spike reading. It has been very good so far, I have only had it for a month now.

Lonnie

·
Registered
197 Posts
I just installed the A2 a couple weeks ago and it works great. The GPS works great and the camera works surprisingly well. The gauges seems to be accurate, I don't have anything to test them against besides the stockers, but they don't jump around at all.

I didn't get the setup for racing and only use it on level 2 and it works great, no problems, but then again I'm not flogging the truck every where I go either.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Can jody tipton put his tunes on an A2?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts