The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anyone running them? If so, how are they? I do some towing and dont have the money for a new turbo right now. What would be the max I should go for hp.

·
112 Posts
i got the stage 4's 125s i love them i tow all the time and my truck never gets hot..i wish i would have done the the 150's but o well

·
113 Posts
i had stage 5 tips in my old truck. they where alright for the money. the thing with the jammers is that they are very sloppy cut injector. with a drag comp, sled puller 66, stock vp, fass 150 with 1/2 line feeding it i couldnt get the smoke to clear up very much. also got about 15mpg with them on stock turbo and i could peg my egts out easy on the stocker. when i did my head done i went 200hp sticks from dynomite and went to quick diesel 64 from htt i could still peg my egts out. BUT I PICKED UP ALMOST 2 MPG WITH A BIGGER INJECTOR and i could clear the smoke up to a real light haze. last dyno on mine was 508hp. my dad has a set of 110hp dynomites with a juice and he has gain as much as 4mpg on the interstate. he makes 436hp. spend the money and get a could quality injector u will much happer.

·
4,158 Posts
Akapparos on here has them in his truck, he had the stg.3 (100hp) in his and it towed well with the edge turned down. HE now switched to the 150's but it gets hot quick with the stock turbo, and it's smokey. If you do a lot of towing stay with the 100's, but if it's just occational towing you could get away with eh 125's or 150's but just gonna have to keep your foot out of it and turn the comp down.

·
1,055 Posts
alright for the money, but they are smokey and the can get hot. When I get some money after the trans gets done I am going to get a better set of injectors.

·
112 Posts
i dont have the nozzels i have the whole injectors and they dont run hot with a stock charger they do smoke a lot \...

·
3,514 Posts
On a stock charger, my friends that have the stage 3 nozzles still run pretty hot. They have no problems bringing the pyro around past 1600. This is with a regular comp box on both trucks. 1 of them recently switched to an hx40, and spool up went way down, but he runs a bit cooler. Even if you go with the complete injector that has had pop pressures reset and has been cleaned up inside I wouldn't go with anything larger than the 125hp max. Above that, and they need internal modification to the fuel gallery to achieve proper atomization. That is why bigger injectors that are built right will smoke less, get you better fuel economy, and run cooler. They aren't a great design, they are just an inexpensive injector. Personally I wouldn't spend the money on them.

On a side, note, just for comparison. I have the Drag comp on my truck, where as my friends just have the comp, and I run Rv275's and they have stage 3's. My truck runs cooler and is just as fast as either of their trucks. We are all also running really similar trans set ups. So once again, i'd say invest in a better injector, but thats just me.
Sean

·
CENTRAL IOWA #1
90 Posts
I have stage 5's with a super b turbo and i can still get past 1600 in a 1/4 mile run but it peaks out at about 1635

·
Boost Junkie
318 Posts
Moose 04 said:
i know guys that run stage 5's with a stock charger and really like um
Yeah i just installed a set of stage 5 jammer injectors tonight in my truck and wow i love it. It will smoke as much as you want and it hauls ***.

EGT's get hot fast with my box on high and the boost fooler.

But with it turned off in stock mode it will still shoot out a decent cloud when you stomp on it.:Thumbup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts