The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know that you can run the juice not tapped into the pump wire and it will run like the ez but can you make it smoke more like the comp or am i thinkin wrong? also how are the egt's with a stock turbo (hy35) with it tapped and untapped? feed back is cool:popcorn:

·
232 Posts
so u didnt tap the inj pump??? imo i think they should smoke the same unless it is detecting slippage or high egt or boost and defeuling but u can turn the safety features off and it wont defuel. and your egt can run wat ever you want cuz you can set your egt if it gets over your set egt it will defeul and wont stay too hot.

·
3,514 Posts
like he said, you can set that box to defuel when you want, but that can make you look bad when your racing if you forget about it, and all the sudden your truck won't go hardly any faster. As far as smoke is concerned it should smoke about the same as a comp box. My comp didn't smoke too much unless it was on stage 5x5 until I got the injectors. Now it will smoke a little on stage 1x5 and up.

With the wire untapped, neither will smoke.
Sean

·
TDG Mafia Member #21
1,345 Posts
I agree with sstockton. It won't really smoke until you tap the wire. EGT's aren't bad unless you are racing. Then they can get up in a hurry. I don't know how they are with stock injectors but with my stage 3's I was seeing over 1500* at the end of the 1/8th mile and that was before the drag upgrade. I don't have the ability to program my comp to defuel. I have to use the right foot.

·
Registered
58 Posts
sounds good

1 - 5 of 5 Posts