Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HAVE NOT INSTALLED EDGE YET THINKING ABOUT GETTING SCT TUNER :umno:

·
Registered
537 Posts
Get the SCT.
I had the Edge Platinum and it doesn't compare to custom tunes.

·
128 Posts
Agreed ^^^^^^^^
You will not be disappointed with the SCT and some custom tunes.
:woot:

Jason

·
Registered
150 Posts
I have an Edge Platinium and I really like it. In the version that I have (made in Feb 2006), the transmission control is excellent.

You will find that the two different approaches to power (Edge vs. SCT) serve different needs of the drivers. So what is best for you depends upon what you need.

Some folks want the maximum performance. Then SCT is probably for them.

Some folks want the features of an Edge. Like the ability to back down on high egr or boost when the truck is used by someone (wife) who doesn't understand what's going on under the hood.

If you don't really care about the Edge features, I would go with an SCT.:Thumbup:

If you want the features and don't care if someone else can make 20 more horse power than you can, then the Edge may be of interest to you.:Thumbup:

Red

·
Diesel Pro
2,652 Posts
the SCT can make a whole lot more power then 20 horses more than the edge! thats is for sure. go with the sct, you wont be dissapointed!

·
MARK1959
77 Posts
An SCT is the way to go.

·
Registered
537 Posts
The Platinum on level 6(hot juice)isn't as strong as my Xtreme Street file!
I originally got hung up in all that being able to change settings on the fly and the truth is EVERYTIME I pushed the button I had to wait for my trans to learn again or it was flare shifting or couldn't make up it's mind whether it wanted to upshift or down shift.
I use my Xtreme Street file for everyday driving and towing with ZERO egt problems or flare shifting.No need to mash a button for power just the go pedal:Thumbup:

·
Registered
197 Posts
David Anderson said:
I use my Xtreme Street file for everyday driving and towing with ZERO egt problems or flare shifting.No need to mash a button for power just the go pedal:Thumbup:
How much do you weight do you tow? Also who did the tune? I didn't think it was safe to tow with street/race tune? :usflag

·
Texas XC Quad Racer
957 Posts
S C T

No reason for anything else, you'll just end up always wondering how much better it is... and I've had both.... :Thumbup:

SCT = more power, 1000% better shifting and extremely controllable, not too mention safer for the trans. The Edge is a tranny killer.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I got mine from Innovative.
I wouldn't go tow a 5th wheel with it but I do pull my race trailer with my street file with no problems.Any tuner on here can build you a tune to YOUR specs and your trans will also appreciate it

·
204 Posts
I have an SCT with John woods tuning, (He claims 400-420 HP at wheels) My buddies Edge Platinuim pulls harder with the hot setting. We both have Crew cab 6.0's his is a 2003 mine is a 2004. I run stock tires and he has a lift with 35" tires. Doug of GoGo Diesel is suppost to be making me a custom tune.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Mine pulled strong on level 6 but the egt's were out the roof and the trans FLARED like crazy.I stood on mine one day on level 6 and it actually engaged my tow haul mode and the light kept flashing on the shifter and wouldn't shift out until I pulled off the road cut the truck of and started it again:shrug: .
Level 6 is making about the same power as My Xtreme Street file and not even close to my X Race file:woot:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I Have A Handshaker Tranny Not A Automatic

·
147 Posts
I have an '05 and was wandering about the SCT as well. I live in central FL so I understand I'm pretty close to SCT. Would it be worth it to me to drive down there and talk to the guy's face to face and get a custom tune that way? Also, I'll be running 37" tires here soon and I want to recalibrate ABS computer, can the SCT tuner do that?

-Kelly

·
147 Posts
Anyone?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts