The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
IMO if your gonna spend the money on injectors and a chip, I would look into an injector builder that also does their own tuning.That way you will get best bang for your buck.Not saying that one tuner is better than the next,but the people that build injectors will know how to tune them the best.Ex.Swamps.Also look into Dp tuner,TW,DI there are more just cant remember off top of my head

Reactions: kingbpg

·
6,337 Posts
Does anybody have this set up? Any negatice "side effects"?

I have to ask...

What are 40hp injectors? Are they single shot AC's? Are they split shot AD's with larger nozzles? Give a little info of the "injector" your looking at.:thumbsup

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found some at pensacola diesel that seemed like a pretty good deal. I am not sure on the specs.

I think I may have an injector problem as it started idling rough one day and started looking at prices. I thought if I were going to replace an injector... I might as well do all of them and give the truck a little more umph. I am not looking at building a race truck, just functional without spending a lot of money. That is where the edge programmer came into play as well.

As you can tell I am new to the diesel game and appreciate everyone's help on this site. Most of you have helped me out on a couple of other posts as well. Thanks.

·
862 Posts
I found some at pensacola diesel that seemed like a pretty good deal. I am not sure on the specs.
If you are thinking of buying them.... DON'T! If you have already bought them, then you are screwed. Pensacola Diesel has one of the worst reputations in the country for injectors. The reason you don't know the specs of the injectors is because they can't tell you. You'll never get a spec sheet out of them on their injectors, because they don't flow test prior to shipping them out.

That is where the edge programmer came into play as well.
As for the Edge, it's only designed for stock injectors. If you do decide to upgrade injectors, you'll need tuning specifically for that set. Edge, Banks, Hypertech, and Superchips does not offer any tuning for aftermarket injectors. Instead, you'll have to go with DP-Tuner, Total Diesel Performance, Swamps, Diesel Innovations (just to name a few) for a custom tuned chip.

·
6,337 Posts
You need to run some tests to see whats going on. A rough running motor does not mean injectors right off the bat. Could be MANY differant things.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts