The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well...going to add a box...price on the ???zilla looks appealing, but it states that they add pressure to the injectors...wasn't this a problem with the early Edge products??

Also looking at the juice...almost $800, they claim a 10 minute install...does it use existing sending units for things like pyro, etc??

Looking for a increase in mpg...not really power...don't want to hurt the truck...recommendations??

Thanks,
steved

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Go with the most mild box you can if all you want is MPG and not power......the badder the box is, the more likely you are to kill parts (on any truck) Do you still have a warranty?

·
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No warranty...ran out a while ago.

The badness of the box doesn't concern me really...I drive like an old man most of the time anyway (even with the 600).

steved

·
Registered
784 Posts
Either Box is going to be good. YOU control how high you want it to be. The best advice that I can give you is to play with the different settings on whichever box you choose.

Alot of people like the Edge b/c of the Attitude monitor and some of the built in safety features.

The Quad is also a really good box with clean power. We have had quite a few happy customers with this box as well.

You will end up about the same money either way you go: Edge w/ Attitude or Quad w/ Gauges.

We stock both of them... Let us know if we can help you out in any way :Thumbup:
Thanks,
Jason

·
Registered
311 Posts
steved,

The Edge J/A gets you EGT safety features that the quad doesn't, that alone is worth it to me, plus you need gauges to be safe so the cost really washes out and you get the safety features for free etc.

We also have the color matched A pillar mount for the Attitude that makes install easy and looks great too!

Mark @ DPPI

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have tried them both. Both worked fine and produced the advertised power. Drivability is fine with either. You should have gauges with any performance mod. The Juice/Attitude pyro is a real pyro sensor that must be installed like any other and uses Digital display. All other gauge displays are done by reading the ECM values. The boost accuracy is very questionable and not accurate in my case after 30psi.

·
Registered
158 Posts
And remember Quadzilla has a stand alone gauge soon to be released that has EGT, BOOST, trans temp, etc. defueling protection. This guage will control any performance module or a stack and defuel them according to the parameters you have set. It is completly stand alone as well, no module required to operate.

·
BOMB'er Extraordinaire
44 Posts
steved said:
Well...going to add a box...price on the ???zilla looks appealing, but it states that they add pressure to the injectors...wasn't this a problem with the early Edge products??

Also looking at the juice...almost $800, they claim a 10 minute install...does it use existing sending units for things like pyro, etc??

Looking for a increase in mpg...not really power...don't want to hurt the truck...recommendations??

Thanks,
steved
I vote EDGE, Because I think the attitude is nicer than the new Quad Monitor, IMO

Oh yeah, and PS - Way less than $800 I have seen it for :Thumbup:

·
BOMB'er Extraordinaire
44 Posts
CarterKraft said:
What product have you seen for $800?
The Juice/Attitude combo... I meant to word that better

Steved said "Also looking at the juice...almost $800" and I thought i'd mentioned that it can be found for less the $800 he mentioned :)

·
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Tomeygun said:
The Juice/Attitude combo... I meant to word that better

Steved said "Also looking at the juice...almost $800" and I thought i'd mentioned that it can be found for less the $800 he mentioned :)
Cheapest I have found it for so far is $742 shipped to my door.

I am entertaining the idea of another box...looking more towards something that would give me the largest MPG gain more than power.

Steved

·
Registered
12 Posts
My buddy and I put one on his truck and he dynoed it at shieds this year. It put down 374 hp and 948 torque. I thought that was very impressive for just the Juice w/ att. He also has a afe stage 2 air filter. But that's it. Nice power I was impressed. Jim

·
2,691 Posts
Cppr_Busa said:
My buddy and I put one on his truck and he dynoed it at shieds this year. It put down 374 hp and 948 torque. I thought that was very impressive for just the Juice w/ att. He also has a afe stage 2 air filter. But that's it. Nice power I was impressed. Jim

Show us that dyno slip!
You trying to say Edge+afe=948 dyno proven rear wheel torque? :shrug:
I dont know squat about Cummins,but I say no way

·
Registered
311 Posts
Tomeygun,

Better believe that, I WISH I could get 800.00 for a Edge Juice/Attitude, to be competitive you have to be way below that. We have a special for the Dodge specific sites that we will honor here. Just PM us for details as we can't post pricing etc.

Mark @ DPPI

·
1,055 Posts
I saw an '05 this weekend dyno 522 tq and 285 hp stock, so an intake and an edge doesn't seem that far off, the tq might be alittle high but who knows. See ya :popcorn:

·
Registered
86 Posts
That is very cheap but at prices like that are they still going to be in bussiness when something goes wrong.

·
Registered
4 Posts
hey man. i have the mild quadzilla and gained 4 mpg and a little more power with my 06. it was idoit proof to install and it works great. it advertises 65hp and 165 ft lbs. i can tell a difference and it was $280 shipped to my house in 2 days. It was cheap and well worth it! i just bought the truck and didnt want to do anything stupid till my warranty runs out!

·
Registered
36 Posts
i have the quad race box on mine i gained a **** load of power lots of black smoke and even hallen *** i gained 2 mpg when i stay out of it i get 4 to 5 mpg increes but it doesnt have the saftey features it doesnt care whats going on it wants to go i leave it on high but its has settings but which every box get GAGES

1 - 20 of 26 Posts