The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Super Chip Tuner and i like the product. WE have a few Super Chips in all of our trucks. But i was wanting Gauges for my 03. But i like the the Edge Juice with attitude and wouldnt mind spending 1k for everything have the gauges and everything that is in the PDA type of things. How many of you would buy a Edge Juice and how many of you have it and like it?:thanks:

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
I had an Edge Juice w/Attitude.

Tore up my tranny, I now have an SCT a full set of gauges.

If that tells you anything...

·
Too much into it now...
2,011 Posts
IF you are talking about the "older" Edge Juice with Attitude...STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM IT!!!!WAY to many of us on here, myself included, have had the "older version", and would not use it, even if they paid us the $1000.00 to use it.:umno:

Now...if your talkin about the NEW Juice Platinuim or what ever...I have nothing to say about it at all, as I will NEVER use an EDGE product for a loooooooooooooooooooong time.:smoke:

·
2,612 Posts
my edge shifted like crap

·
257 Posts
mine shifted like crap to. i still have it in the truck but i only use it for the gauges i just leave it in stock mode and i use an sct for the tuner

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just took out my edge and put a bully dog triple dog in. The bully dog doesn't have the same head snap as the edge did. The tranny shifts so much better with the bully dog. My dad has the new platinum version with the "hot" update, it shifts awesome. I would definitely make sure that you only buy the new platinum version and not the old version. I think the sct and new style bully dog are very similar. The sct will allow you to buy a "custom" tune from one of their dealers. SCT does not have any electronic gauges or anything to go with it. The bullydog has the outlook, which performs as gauges and allows you to change the level of performance on the fly. I've very impressed with the bully dog in my truck and can not speak for the sct.

·
The Guy Mom Warned About
2,568 Posts
I've got a platinum in my truck, the shifts are good as well as power. Not as fast as some others (SCT) but it gets the job done. I'm very happy with it.

·
Registered
94 Posts
hi i have edge and i love it but you do have to run sum thing for the trans i have the edge Evolution Transmission tune

·
Old Geezer-TDG Mafia #19
4,396 Posts
Same old, same old. The guys that USED to have the Edge (the old one) claim it burned up their trans, the NOS, propane, water meth, injectors had nothing to do with it, just the Edge. Nuff said.

I have the Platinum and love it, but then I use my truck as a puller, as in fifth wheel puller, and not as a drag car. I like the fact that the Edge Platinum gauges tell you what the truck is seeing for measurements, the info is gathered from the same sensors as the trucks computer uses, and not from a stand alone sender.

In sumation, if you need a puller with gauges get the Platinum, if you want a race truck get the SCT, then a bunch of gauges. And don't forget to get a cool down timer, some kind of 60 foot and 1/4 mile timer, couple of temp sensors (amb. intake), and some other stuff the Platinum does as a package.

Just do your home work before you open the wallet.

LargeCar:Thumbup: :Thumbup: :Thumbup:

·
The Guy Mom Warned About
2,568 Posts
Noble said:
fantom3993
did you unlock the hot code in your platinum
No I didn't, but I probably will this summer just to see how it does.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Get the edge juice platinum w/attitude''WOW''.Not the old edge juice w/attitude.I just installed mine.Very easy install.Bought my platinum on ebay $660.Now if you want to race everything on the road buy a ''SCT'' $429 custom tunning $100 Apillar with gauges $350

·
Registered
28 Posts
Buy The Way Nave A Standard Transmission Not Automattic

·
Texas XC Quad Racer
957 Posts
Extended Power said:
IF you are talking about the "older" Edge Juice with Attitude...STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM IT!!!!WAY to many of us on here, myself included, have had the "older version", and would not use it, even if they paid us the $1000.00 to use it.:umno:
me to.... :deal:

·
204 Posts
I have The SCT in my truck I have been getting quite abit better fuel mileage(hand calc) My buddy has an Edge Platinuim. His seems to pull harder in the hot setting than mine with an extreme tune. His also shifts fine. They both seem to be great units this far. I will let you know if something changes.

·
Truck Toyz
653 Posts
I have the Platinum with the HOT setting and I love it. I pull my 26 ft. race trailer on the HOT setting and it runs at about 950 running 75. The power it has is great, passing cars is not a problem for me now.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Does the Edge Platinum turn off EGR??

My Edge had HIGH EGT"S!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts