The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a 200 f250 with a 7.3 in it, I was looking at the edge products. Reason being i just want a little more power and on the highest setting it only adds 100 horse, and 200 ft lbs of tq, Its just the edge with the 3 stage setting. I was just wondering what the history or thought on the product are, thanks for any help

john

·
928 Posts
Welcome to TDG!

There is a thread on this in the Chips & Tuner section:

http://www.thedieselgarage.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79024

I'm ordering an Edge today. I like the fact that it has gauges as well as some performance improvement. I can't swing a good chip and a gauge package at the moment. Plus a lot will depend on what you're going to use your truck for.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like the edge for the same reasons ,for the little performance boost and all the guages included, Its just my daily driver and i pull hay from time to time and a travel trailer once in a blue moon but its a bumper pull, some hunting. Nothing to crazy or to heavy for the truck. Im pulling the same stuff i use to pull with my 150 which had the 4.2 6 cylinder in it.

·
In the passing lane
1,453 Posts
If you would like I have a edge juice w/attitude that I will sell for around 275+shipping

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
why are you selling it ?

·
In the passing lane
1,453 Posts
I have been wanting to take it of my truck and sell for about a year now and last week I had to take smoke test so I took it out so I need to just sell it. I will probably get a dptuner or TW just don't know if I really want to spend the money.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok i see all kinds of stuff on here about dp tuners, I have never heard of them before. What is so good about them, I am new to diesel vehicles.

·
In the passing lane
1,453 Posts
the dptuner you can get custom tunes but with the edge you can't but you have gauges with the edge

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah that is pretty much what i have gotten from everything i have read. I dont need anything crazy i just see the edge as a way to get the guages i want and need without haveing to get a pillar pod and wire them all, I would buy that edge off of you but i dont exactly have the money right now.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
how old is the unit, do u have pics of it,

·
1,052 Posts
I like my edge.
Bill

Reactions: BillsFan

·
In the passing lane
1,453 Posts
how old is the unit, do u have pics of it,
its about 4 or 5 years old I can probably get pics of it tomorrow I could probably get you a pillar mount if thats how you wanted

·
748 Posts
yeah that is pretty much what i have gotten from everything i have read. I dont need anything crazy i just see the edge as a way to get the guages i want and need without haveing to get a pillar pod and wire them all, I would buy that edge off of you but i dont exactly have the money right now.
Wiring for and A pillar pod is no more difficult than running wires to your edge controller. The A pillar gauges are much easier to read and from what I've heard from dozens of people, DP's or Wildmans tunes are better.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah i had guages in my f150, i just like the idea of just haveing the digital edge guages. Its not like im going to be doing any major heavy pulling or raceing with my truck. Just a litte more power when i need it. And ill prob go with a pillar pod mount if i decide to go with a edge.

·
213 Posts
I like my Edge Evo. I makes decent power and smokes under full throttle. But i will be saving up for some custom tuning someday (dp or wildman)

Reactions: BillsFan

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If you just have a edge evo will the be much concern for the trany or anything like that ?

·
1,052 Posts
I said I liked my Edge I will say I don't use the added power very often but when I do I don't like the dash to light up because of the programing.
Bill

·
In the passing lane
1,453 Posts
If you just have a edge evo will the be much concern for the trany or anything like that ?
the evo is the samething as the superchip I have just no gauges and that is when my tranny blew is from the superchip who know but the juice w/attitude doesn't add quit as much power as the evo. But the juice also changes right away the evo had to download

·
121 Posts
With some real programming (DP or Total Diesel Performance from Tony) you can get
a stock program mode (multi-position chip) so you dont have to change anything
for smoke checks. Also the programming is so much better. Some have experienced
transmission issues with programmers.

Remember when adding more power you may run into problems with surge when
towing. Any high power adding chip will bring this issue out on a 7.3. Solution is
a wicked wheel (usually solves surge), or a ported turbo housing (always solves).

I always save up for what I want instead of wasting money on between steps
that will cost more in the long run.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts