The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an Edge with attitude, and Magna flow 4" no cat this combo seems to work fine. When its time for warranty work I pull it off the edge and no questions. I can monitor my exhaust temp and change on the fly. Why is this controller so bad? What am I missing? Not the power that an SCT can achieve?

·
Old Geezer-TDG Mafia #19
4,396 Posts
Just depends on what you want your truck to do. If you pull a trailer and use your truck in a daily work situation the Edge is the unit to have in my honest opinion. If you what every last bit of performance out of the truck and want to use it more in a performance mode than a work mode the SCT would be the ticket.

This has been discussed many times and my answer is always the same, I use the Edge because I tow a fiver most of the time I use the truck, others use the SCT because they are more into whuppin up on mero's and stangs. In the final aynalisis the choice is yours, just gear your programmer towards the use of the truck.

The above is my opinion and does not reflect the position of anybody else. They all have varing ideas and opinions and non is more or less correct than the other.

I outta run for some kind of government position, huh.

LargeCar:usflag :mafia :usflag

·
571 Posts
The Edge has no trans control (except for the A2). More power without uping the pressure in the tranny will result in a burned up tranny. That's why everyone suggests the SCT. There have been many people who either racing or towing with an Edge have nuked their tranny's.

·
Super Moderator
4,247 Posts
The ONLY "tuner" that makes the proper (in engineering terms) changes to the PCM for all functions is one from SCT. All the other tuning solutions do some stuff, but not ALL the things you *should* to ensure long-term reliability of the engine and transmission.

That is not to say that SCT tunes are necessarily the "best" for a particular application, or that you cannot have a failure. It is to say that the programming will not (under normal circumstances) be the CAUSE of of a failure.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
I burned up my trans with the Edge.

I work out of my truck every day, and I run an SCT X2 with ID tunes.

·
Registered
179 Posts
My tranny with the edge was slowly burning out, it shifts soooo soft for the power they make on 5. I loved how the power came on with the edge but i figured it wasnt worth it seeing how i would of had to replace the tranny soon. I thought i was going to hate not being able to change power levels on the fly, but really it only takes 5 mins to switch to a tow tune from a race. While you hook up your trailer the SCT can be uploading the new file. The only thing i miss of the edge is the Turbo Cool Down(witch my alarm does now), the digital gauges(got nexus now which are cool and go red when the EGT gets to hot or to much boost)....so really i dont miss anything about the edge......SCT for the win!!!!

·
227 Posts
BigPSD said:
My tranny with the edge was slowly burning out, it shifts soooo soft for the power they make on 5. I loved how the power came on with the edge but i figured it wasnt worth it seeing how i would of had to replace the tranny soon. I thought i was going to hate not being able to change power levels on the fly, but really it only takes 5 mins to switch to a tow tune from a race. While you hook up your trailer the SCT can be uploading the new file. The only thing i miss of the edge is the Turbo Cool Down(witch my alarm does now), the digital gauges(got nexus now which are cool and go red when the EGT gets to hot or to much boost)....so really i dont miss anything about the edge......SCT for the win!!!!

Big PSD where can i get those guages?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts