The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys there's a pretty large truck show coming up near here and a lot of big aftermarket names will be there. I've been contemplating an Edge with attitude for the past few weeks now that i have the green. Only problem is I cant void my warranty. So out of curiosity, has anyone run a smarty with the Edge insight? I like the insight instead of gauges because it has "hundreds" of parameters according to Edge, also has the safety features and alerts.

Smarty needs an on the fly option! :poke: :woot:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
bump

I finally have the green and the opportunity is coming fast!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
apparently the starscanner or w.e can see a difference in rail pressure and something else with the edge and other programmers. Smarty isnt traceable but edge is sexy!

·
off to another home
15,472 Posts
do the smarty with insight. do it for the power. :sly:

Garrett

·
140 Posts
I went smarty with the Quad commander. You can get the pillarpod that matches the interior perfectly. Plus the commander has the biggest screen out there with built in safeties.

·
Registered
98 Posts
It's really up to your dealer if they are going to void your warranty or not. My dealer sells the Edge Juice w/ attitude as well as a bunch of other performance parts. They also install them. It's my understanding that in order to void your warranty they have to prove that the aftermarket part you put on was the reason whatever part failed. But remember If you start adding HP you will need to spend some money on your tranny. As for my advice on the power adders, I have the Edge, but just because all the safety features built in. But if I was to do it again, I would go with the smarty, I probably still will. :seesaw

·
Registered
964 Posts
The commander is awesome and i have the MP-8 can't wait to stack it with a smarty! Hope my tranny parts come soon!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts