The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the reason for not tapping the wire with the edge comp?

·
112 Posts
Void you warranty on the injection pump

·
Registered
157 Posts
and some say that it makes it last longer, but i dont think its been proven

·
1,055 Posts
Your warranty will be up on a '99. I waited until mine was up until I tapped mine. It was worth it. As long as you have good f/p you will be fine. If your i/p is hurt then it my make it worse.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I got lucky tapped mine and the pump went out and i took the box all off and the dealer never noticed and got the pump replaced under the warranty

·
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys:Thumbup:

How long do the warranties last? I still have the original pump on mine.

Do the edge comp boxes kill vp's more often than others boxes? I have an EZ/quadzilla stack now, should I worry?

I also have a rebuilt vp for an h.o. If anyone is interested it is in the dodge parts section.

·
113 Posts
5 years or 100000 miles which you are past the five years. if u do not tap your pump then the comp just acts as a ez. to get the full 120 hp you must tap your pump. just make sure that you have some kind of a fuel pressure gauge and a pusher pump or fass. when i had just the comp on my old truck i could it suck the fuel pressure all the way down to 4lbs. i did that once or twice then i got pusher after that bigger injectors and then i had to get a fass. so if you need a fuel pump go big an be done. bigger is always better.

·
2nd Gen Guru
2,641 Posts
smokeyourdiesel said:
5 years or 100000 miles which you are past the five years. if u do not tap your pump then the comp just acts as a ez. to get the full 120 hp you must tap your pump. just make sure that you have some kind of a fuel pressure gauge and a pusher pump or fass. when i had just the comp on my old truck i could it suck the fuel pressure all the way down to 4lbs. i did that once or twice then i got pusher after that bigger injectors and then i had to get a fass. so if you need a fuel pump go big an be done. bigger is always better.
As for requiring a FASS pump... You don't need a FASS pump till 450-500 HP!

I'm currently at 381/826 with a stock Carter Campaign pump and still holding 12 PSI at WOT with a Vulcan Big Line.

Forum Myth Busted! LOL

Campaign pumps
http://mopar.mopar1973man.com/2002%20Dodge/BOMBS/campaign%20pump/campaign_pump.htm

Vulcan Big Line kit
http://mopar.mopar1973man.com/2002%20Dodge/BOMBS/vulcan%20big%20line/vulcan_big_line.htm

1 - 9 of 9 Posts