The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of getting an edge programer but I don't know what one I want. Some people that I work with have edge stuff and they love it. What are some of the better ones. I would like to get something that will give me some good proformance But I drive like 100 miles a day to and from work so if I can I would like to get the best MPG a I can. I just would like some advice on what are the best for the money.

Thanks Torre

·
3,514 Posts
The comp box is good, if you have gauges, the juice is the same programming if you don't have gauges it includes it. If you get the comp box, thinking about getting the drag update when you get it so you don't have to ship it back later. The juice just has a hot unlock code that you can get. Either one has the option of turning the fuel down and doesn't always give higher fuel. I personally run the drag comp because I like the look of analog gauges. If you have an automatic Any fueling box will require trans mods to make it hold the added power.
Sean

·
1,189 Posts
:whs but if your getting a box for pure mileage try the mileage max. If you want the adjustability to go from mileage to making some power then a comp or juice is great. from my experience just go with one for adjustability because you always want more

·
3,514 Posts
It depends on how fresh your trans is, and how much power you want to hold. If you're just going to leave it at having a fueling box, a good torque converter and valvebody will make all the difference in the world. Those will actually put the power to the ground, and keep your trans from killing itself. If you want to race or do anything of that nature, or run big injectors etc... you will need more upgrades. My stock trans lasted 50k with the the edge drag comp and small injectors though, it really depends on how you drive it, and what shape it was in to start with.
Sean

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A guy that I work with told me that if you get the attitude you lose like 40 horse power compared to just having your own gages. Has anyone else heard that? He does have a power stroke, but I just wanted to know if anyone else had heard that.

Torre

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If I don't do those upgrades on my transmission how bad is it for the truck? What I am after is just some good power when I need or want it and trying to get some better MPG. At this point I am not going to do any racing, sled pulling or anything like that. I just want to know if that is something that I need to do if I am not going to be doing any of the above. My truck is an 02 with just about 57000 miles on the original transmission.

Torre

·
1,189 Posts
thats pretty funny about the power loss. it's supposed to be just like the comp box only it has the abilty to add the attitude monitor for all the parameters. I run the juice and I like it. You can get the edge box either one and don't really run it above the 3rd setting and it should be fine for quite a while. Just get a deep pan for it and keep the fluids up to snuff and it will last. you can run it up higher now and then so you can show the guy at work how the attitude runs. from what I was told 80 hp above stock is all the the auto can take.

·
Registered
432 Posts
i agree totally with 01quadcab the worse thing on the tranny is heat and it destories the fluid deep pan keeps more fluid and makes the tranny run cooler i thought i heard u can 100hp over stock and tranny should be just fine but if u have the pan off u could always do a shift kit or valve body if u wanted to

·
Registered
54 Posts
The Quadzilla Adrenaline is the hottest thing going right now. This also includes Gauges.

·
1,189 Posts
I believe the adrenaline is also less than the edge which is always good

·
Registered
432 Posts
yes it is cheaper adreline is 699 and that includes a gauge setup and the edge juice with attitude here is a full list of the features of the adreline
USB Updatable
180 RWHP Gains

420 Ft Lbs Torque Gain

11 On the Fly Power Levels

Max Mileage Tuning Level

Built in EGT, Boost, Transmission Temperature Gauges

Built in PowerIdle

Built in Guardian De-fueling Software for EGT , Boost, Fuel Pressure and Trans Temp

Built in TurboGuard

Rugged Weatherproof Enclosure

Easy Access USB port

Plug and Play Installation

Best Towing Performance Available

Unparalled Throttle Response

·
Registered
30 Posts
Edge Evolution

I've had the Edge Evo in an early 1999 f350 7.3 crew cab duallie for 2 yrs now,

i never had gauges in my truck so I was told not to run it above the first level tow mode 40 horses and 100 lbs torque without the gauges.
so that's what I ran it in.

so this weekend i put gauges in and went to the second level, 80 hp and 140 lbs torque it was like a shot in the pants. still a little turbo lag though.

my egt gauge running at 70 mph never got above 600 deg. tranny temp only got to 110 degrees ( I do have a huge tranny cooler installed) and boost was at 6 psi.

however the boost did go up to 15 psi on launch.

so 3 questions how do I get rid of the turbo lag, and what is the most boost I can safely put on the stock turbo?

the egt gauge--it is analog it it's at say 600 deg and I let my foot up, the needle drops to about 200 deg. I'm hoping that's correct

thanks

·
2nd Gen Guru
2,641 Posts

·
Let it rip tator chip!
910 Posts
i would say the edge juice with attitude bc you got a monitor you can control bascally everythang with the touch of a button

·
4,827 Posts
so 3 questions how do I get rid of the turbo lag, and what is the most boost I can safely put on the stock turbo?
The lag might havesomrthing to do with the programming, or you need more fuel. There will always be some, no matter what you have for a turbo. Only gets worse with a larger turbo. I'm not sure how much bost your stock headgaskets will handle, either.

the egt gauge--it is analog it it's at say 600 deg and I let my foot up, the needle drops to about 200 deg. I'm hoping that's correct
Yep. Normal. The temps comes from the fuel. Less fuel, lower temps. Same as boost. Only comes with the fuel and engine load. Lift your foot off of the go pedal, both drop.

·
Local Cummins nut
261 Posts
I got 3-4+ mpg gain on the hwy with my Juce W/Attitude

1 - 17 of 17 Posts