The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of Horsepower can a stock Duramax make with Efi live or PPE hot 2? Im running an Excelerator now and thinking its time to go little faster. With Efi live or Hot 2 do i need to step up to a dual fueler? I would be happy with around 500 rear wheel horse. Kennedy Custom computer sounds cool too but if i could make a tune or buy one cheaper??? Just don't really wanna damage anything I have a built transmission. Thanks Bubba

·
Hadley Coal Roller
819 Posts
efi live would set your truck up good :thumbsup. youd be pushin prolly around there with a few supporting mods.

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
You could get about 500hp from efi live if you buy your EFI live tuner from most performance shops they will give you a custom for free, McRat performance, Duramaxtuner.com, i think even Kennedy will give you a free tune

I think they all have 500hp race tunes, and they can all be custom tuned to your truck

·
Pardue the Traveler
4,023 Posts
The stock Allison isn't designed for 500+ hp, so you will want transmission upgrades, a lift pump, an exhaust, duel Cp3's and maybe duel Turbos.

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
Dual CP3's and Twins arent needed at 500hp

A dual CP3 would be worth it however, you can keep your fuel rail full, and keep the injection timing lower and it cause less stress on the engine

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
LOL there are a lot of things we want, but usually cash is the restraining factor :beer

·
182 Posts
An LB7 can make 500+ RWHP on a stock turbo, stock CP3, stock injector setup pretty easily. You said you have a built trans, you would need a lift pump, a boost valve (not sure if thats the right name, I'm used to the VVT trucks), and some kind of intake and you'd be all set with the right tune.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts