The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ran Erics tune from innovative diesel along with the egr block off plates from cobb's???? I was told my EGR was off in the tune.. Still a little spectical about putting in the block off plates. Info on this wound be appreciated.. Thanks :happymugs

·
TDG MAFIA MEMBER #85
1,683 Posts
Has anyone ran Erics tune from innovative diesel along with the egr block off plates from cobb's???? I was told my EGR was off in the tune.. Still a little spectical about putting in the block off plates. Info on this wound be appreciated.. Thanks :happymugs
I have eric's tune but don't think the egr is turned off. I don't have the block off plates but don't really feel its worth it unless you delete the entire system.

·
Registered
339 Posts
With the new firmware and tune revision from SCT, you can disable the EGR system. It will ask you just like the DPF Delete Kit question. You can turn the EGR off with any SCT now. We offer block off plates as well.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is there any known problems when you block the coolers. I heard of some trucks going into limp mode once in a while?

·
234 Posts
If the Tune turns off the coolers, then why would you still need to block them off?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If the Tune turns off the coolers, then why would you still need to block them off?
Because hot exhaust is still entering the coolers there for causing coolant to have a potential of boiling, plus you can block it off and get coolant and oil temps down a little bit.... Some people say these coolers are what caused alot of the head gasket problems in the 6.0L.... and if a cooler rupsers you best hope the egr is off...:happymugs

1 - 6 of 6 Posts