The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
resident mason
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it best to block off the egr at the up-pipe side of cooler or at intake side? Also what are the benefits of the blocker aside from cleaner internals? Will mpg increase as well as cooler egt's?

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
Is it best to block off the egr at the up-pipe side of cooler or at intake side? Also what are the benefits of the blocker aside from cleaner internals? Will mpg increase as well as cooler egt's?
i just put the plate between the cooler and the exhaust where the instructions i got showed to put it, i noticed no increase in mpg, and i cant imagine you would get cooler egt's.....

it just stops the soot from re-entering your intake, thats all, its just better for your engine:thumbsup

Reactions: firehillbilly

·
resident mason
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It must raise egt's a little cause that's heated air instead of fresh air going back in???

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
It must raise egt's a little cause that's heated air instead of fresh air going back in???
well it does go into the cooler, and back into the intake, so it may raise it a little, but i dont know because i dont have a pyro, but it cant be much, maybe a few degree's:happymugs

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
There is nothing good coming from the EGR that is for sure!
I totally agree, all the egr is doing it suffocating your engine:fart

1 - 6 of 6 Posts