The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys first an update. Did the DPF & Cat delete, installed Edge Juice w/attitude, everything seemed fine. Then one day truck would not run again. I got mad as hell and drove it till it would blow up. All that accomplished was the exhaust blew apart in front of the muffler. Turns out the stock muffler was plugged. So now I have a new Magna-flow straight thru muffler. Now it is time to delete the EGR and Cooler. I was hoping somebody had step by step pics or instruction to make life easier. I bought my kit but the instruction are not that good. Any help would be great.
Thanks Lee

2008-6.7, 6 spd auto, 115,000 miles
Edge Juice w/attitude
DPF & Cat delete

·
26 Posts
I am struggeling with the fact that your muffler was plugged bad enough to allow it to blow apart....I would like to see some pics of the damage.

·
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What happened was the muffler pushed itself off the tailpipe. I did not take any pics of the old muffler, but it was very heavy. I am just glad the back pressure that was created did not damage anything else.

·
73 Posts
The Stock muffler on Blue is wide, but it is a strait through Hummm! Interesting! I reinstalled it last week got tiered of the drone noise EGTS the same just QUIETER!

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
Was it a tbe with a muffler or was the dpf still on?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Rev you are right the muffler is straight thru. Something if fishy.:swear

1 - 7 of 7 Posts