The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
? You that have deleted the cooler, what did you do with the controller for the cooler bypass. Did you unplug it or just tie it out of the way? I tied out of the way but I am getting a cooler bypass code:help

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
Is it unpluged? With smarty you just unplug it. Is your edge set to clear codes on startup?

·
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No its not unplugged just tied out of the way.And yes my edge is set to clear codes on start. I might have to go with a smarty jr donno.

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
You wont regret the smarty jr. i love mine.

·
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For now do I unplug the thing or leave it?

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
Try it both ways, i am not sure why it womt clear....'

·
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And where can I go to sell what I have. When I spoke with Edge they said the unit I have for the 07.5 to 09 are made to run on trucks with no deletes they unable to reprogram them to be usable for our trucks that have had all the garbage deleted off of them. I would have to buy completely new set up.

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
You could sell it down in the classified section here, or on ebay. For gauges if you like Edge look at the new CTS or cs in sight to run with smarty jr as they are just monitors.

·
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Can't get rid of the code but I did get about a 2 1/2 to 2 3/4 mile gain per gallon with the cooler delete.

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
Can you list the DTC code number, Im interested in what it is.

·
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I'll do that later today. I went ahead and list my edge on ebay once I sell it I'll pick up a Smarty. I have a code reader that I can use to clear my codes but even the that one won't clear the cooler bypass code or egr codes.Oh yeah I did not find the classified section on here.

·
750 Posts
Can't get rid of the code but I did get about a 2 1/2 to 2 3/4 mile gain per gallon with the cooler delete.
Does any one know why you would get better MPG with the cooler gone?
Im wondering if i should half remove mine or go all the way.

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
I really don't understand why the cooler deleted would give you better mileage unless when it is blocked off, it flows better, but that the same time our drive pressure is not a 1:1 ratio so it will create more pressure when its blocked. I have still heard a few reports of better mileage after cooler delete. I think I may do an external wastegate if I delete my cooler.

Rev. here is a link to the classifieds, Dodge Classifieds section

·
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The best mileage I was getting on Blue before the cooler delete was 16 1/2 mpg now I am at 19+ mpg. I bought this truck new and have 91k on it now, I wish I would have done this back when I had 8k that's when everything else went away. The codes showing a P245C,P2580,P0487,P2141&P144E what do you think?

·
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
What are the advantages of a waste gate?

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
What are the advantages of a waste gate?
When set properly it keeps Boost press and Drive press in a 1:1 Ratio. To much Drive pressure and bad things happen.

·
154 Posts
I have mine tied out of the way. The only code i get is from that damn butterfly thing in the intake horn. Thats unplugged. I alson noticed much better milage when I removed it, and much lower egts.

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
P245c-egr Cooler Bypass Control Circuit Low
Its unpluged Edge Should clear this
P2580-turbocharger Speed Sensor Circuit Low
Make sure you did not accidentally unplug the sensor on the turbo or that it has not came loose.
P0487-egr Airflow Throttle Control Circuit A Open
Do you have the sensor unpluged on the back of the intake horn?
P2141-Exhaust Gas Recirculation Throttle Control Crcuit 'A' Low
Same as above
P144- 02 Sensor Circuit High Voltage (Bank 1 Sensor 3) ( This is all I could get for P144E so this may not be correct)
Sim Failing if this is correct info?

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
I have mine tied out of the way. The only code i get is from that damn butterfly thing in the intake horn. Thats unplugged. I alson noticed much better milage when I removed it, and much lower egts.
King if you take the plastic gear out of the inside of the butterfly valve you can plug it back in and will have no code. :knight You need to take the plate off of where it plugs in its a T-40 torx bit and then be very care full and take the white plastic gear out, once you do this you can re install the cover and plug it back in, and should have no code.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts