The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found these pics from when i cleaned my egr valve about almost a year ago and was wondering if the wetness looks like the egr cooler is bad or not? I've been hearing about the valve being wet because of the egr cooler?? The truck has been running fine BTW and never had a egr cooler replaced. Let me know what you guys think.
thanks

·
Got Torque?
2,577 Posts
Doi you remember if it smelled like coolant? Anyway, it should not be wet. If you are still puking, I would get that cooler checked.

337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No ralph i don't remeber if it smelled like coolant. i do puke but only if im at WOT for a while in my extreme tune but not all the time and when i tow my trailer with my street tune. It does not puke at all stock or with my tow tune towing and my street tune without towing anything. But anyways how bad is it for the truck? Like i said before the truck runs perfect and it has never been bad to be (knock on wood) even being an 03.
thanks

·
Got Torque?
2,577 Posts
I would say if it is running good, live with it for now. Try not to hammer it as much when towing. That puts a large load on the system. In the long run, it may get worse. But if it is running pretty good, I would stay with it as is for now.

Ralph

337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah i was thinking on leaving it alone until either A) my heads go and i want to put studs in and fix it while everything is apart or B) it pukes so much that the dealer will fix it for FREE since its still under warranty. Thanks ralph

1 - 5 of 5 Posts